Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 413 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,116 Posts
Package has been delivered and is waiting for me to get home, which unfortunately won't be until about 9:00pm. Weather tomorrow says cold...high in low 30's...gonna have me some cold fingers!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm excited! The first install and review from a forum member...I've been waiting for this.

·
Super Moderator
7,116 Posts
I'm excited! The first install and review from a forum member...I've been waiting for this.
Fedex left the package on my door step, so I went home between jobs to get it out of the cold...this thing is massive! Must weigh 10 pounds, and there is no way to move the mount pieces by hand...stiff bushing to say the least!!! I will do my best to get it on in the morning...but it's going to be COLD!!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Got mine today and got it installed. It was 50 degrees and rain today so the only thing I can really comment on is the vibes... I already had the JBR 80a RMM. With that being said, I really didn't notice much, if any increase in vibes. There was a couple of times where I thought perhaps there was a bit more and the loose change in the console rattle a little be more... So over all I think there is very little change in NVH if you already have a stiff RMM... As far as performance... not sure when I'll be able to test that out... once the rain stops it going to get COLD again...

·
Super Moderator
7,116 Posts
Got mine today and got it installed. It was 50 degrees and rain today so the only thing I can really comment on is the vibes... I already had the JBR 80a RMM. With that being said, I really didn't notice much, if any increase in vibes. There was a couple of times where I thought perhaps there was a bit more and the loose change in the console rattle a little be more... So over all I think there is very little change in NVH if you already have a stiff RMM... As far as performance... not sure when I'll be able to test that out... once the rain stops it going to get COLD again...
Take it out and try it any way!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,116 Posts
oh, i did... tires just spin... lol
Interested to see how much help I get using it with the e-focus lower mount...I still get some wheel hop and am hoping to eliminate it with out adding NVH.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Wow, the graphite looks great. Really happy with it. There's a bit of overspray, though. ;)

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
It is not "overspray" :) But it does look awesome!

It is actually a 2 step powder coat process. It is a chrome powder coat, first coat. Then after it cools, it goes through another cycle for the "black chrome top coat." Black chrome generally is not a perfect constant throughout look, typically it has lighter and darker areas... Just a FYI...

Thanks for the detailed photo shots!

·
Super Moderator
7,116 Posts
Just to give some idea of the size of mount, I put it on my graduated level. I thought from the pictures it was much smaller. 008.JPG
It must weigh about 10 pounds!

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
ddfred, how much does it actually weigh? You mentioned earlier it felt like 10lbs.

·
Super Moderator
7,116 Posts
ddfred, how much does it actually weigh? You mentioned earlier it felt like 10lbs.
Just checked the shipping weight...5 pounds...I exaggerated a little...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That thing IS massive. So guys, is there really a need for this? Does it really serve a purpose or is a stiffer rear/lower mount enough to cure the bang and hop? This part is quite expensive (even though it looks to be priced about right) and I am unsure why it should be changed in the first place...

·
Super Moderator
7,116 Posts
That thing IS massive. So guys, is there really a need for this? Does it really serve a purpose or is a stiffer rear/lower mount enough to cure the bang and hop? This part is quite expensive (even though it looks to be priced about right) and I am unsure why it should be changed in the first place...
The one that is there is just about as flimsy as the stock lower mount...this thing is ultra stiff. Should stop a lot of movement. I think it will compliment the e-focus mount; or I hope it will. Really don't want to go with a stiffer one down there.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I can't wait for your review on this one. But didn't your e-Focus mount already cure almost all of your problems in one shot?

·
Registered
188 Posts
ok soooooo here is my 2 cents worth. I have had this mount for couple weeks and almost 500 miles. JBR RMM, Unleashed Tune, and This Top Mount. Wheel hop is ZERO to maybe once in a great while, and wheel spin with my blizzaks is actually minimal! Been fun! Thanks to all you that R&D and make these items possible. (even though I missed the sale) I am very happy. The directions provided where very helpful and easy to follow. If any one has a "Buddy" help them and they mess it up, the tap for the hole is a 12 mm with 1.75 pitch. Yeah I had a buddy cross thread the engine mount bolt! Will post pic later of the repair job. All good now!

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I would like to know the same!
We will let boyer07 state his opinion, however most have stated ... What vibes you have with your aftermarket rear, will be what you have with the aftermarket rear and TTR... Meaning they don't get any worse or better. But wheel hop goes down even more with both.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
We will let boyer07 state his opinion, however most have stated ... What vibes you have with your aftermarket rear, will be what you have with the aftermarket rear and TTR... Meaning they don't get any worse or better. But wheel hop goes down even more with both.
This!

I already had a JBR 80a and installed the TTR last Friday...really did not notice any increase in vibes. Unfortunately roads were very wet so really didn't get to see how the wheel hop and traction is... and this week we've going back to temps in the 20s, so it will be a while before I get to drive the ST again...

41 - 60 of 413 Posts