Ford Focus ST Forum banner

381 - 400 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
SHORT INITIAL REVIEW: This mount is AMAZING!

LONG INITIAL REVIEW:

I got a black mount with black bushings. A picture of it can be seen at post #378.

Background: I did not know the significance of motor mounts before getting an ST. I never had to look into them. That being said, I'm glad I did.

The review will be broken down into the 5 senses.

Sight: 10/10 Looks sturdy, reliable and solid. The stock mount can be bent by hand. I wouldn't even try to bend the TTR mount. The black on black looks sweet!

Hearing: 10/10 The first thing that comes to mind is a "natural sound symposer". I love the extra sound. It lets you hear the engine growl. It's a little louder in the cabin but nothing unmanageable. With music on you cannot hear the difference.

Taste: Not applicable. Please do not eat! There's something wrong with you!

Smell: Not applicable. Smell all you want!

Touch: 10/10 At idle, there are no additional vibrations. Once given gas, there is an increase in vibrations in the 1000-1500 rpm range, but nothing too crazy. I think people overreact when they say it's too much. What do you expect when you put this mount in? It's inevitable! I don't think it's that bad and mine is not broken in yet!

Final grade and comments: 10/10 It has minimized my wheel hop and torque steer. Don't get me wrong, it is still there but not nearly as bad as it was before. The engine feels planted when I gun it. It is amazing how "loosey goosey" the engine was with the stock upper motor mount. I will give another review in a 1000 miles. In the meantime, I will be purchasing the transmission mount!

Happy Holidays and New Year!

·
Registered
89 Posts
More shipping out.
What happens if you just install the upper motor mount? I want to eventually replace the lower and upper mounts, but since I live in an apartment it's going to take time to get the lower mount installed. I think I can replace the upper mount in the parking lot.

Can you replace the upper mount without a new lower mount? Should you do one or the other first?

Thanks for the help,

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
What happens if you just install the upper motor mount? I want to eventually replace the lower and upper mounts, but since I live in an apartment it's going to take time to get the lower mount installed. I think I can replace the upper mount in the parking lot.

Can you replace the upper mount without a new lower mount? Should you do one or the other first?

Thanks for the help,
Yes you can install mounts in any order you wish.

·
Registered
344 Posts
What would the shipping costs be for both mounts to Australia. I think I am going to get your mounts as they seem to have withstood the test of time.

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
What would the shipping costs be for both mounts to Australia. I think I am going to get your mounts as they seem to have withstood the test of time.
PM us with your complete address and we can get a quote for you.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Just wanted to chime in and let you know that I just installed my Silver Metallic with Black Bushing Upper Engine Mount on my 2015 MM Focus ST. Easy install for sure even for someone who doesn't wrench on their car every weekend. You definitely need a few tools. You need to be able to safely lift the front end of the car and place it on stands or ramps. You also need a jack to hold the engine in place as you remove the crappy OEM mount. If you didn't have to jack up and lift the car twice you could install this in 10 minutes! Make sure you have a torque wrench as well as you will need to torque the bolts to the proper spec (90nm for the two bolts on the fender and 80nm for the 3 bolts on the engine).

I only took a short drive after install tonight but I must say the engine feels planted within the car and I have virtually no wheel hop! I was slightly concerned with added vibrations. They are there from about 1000-1500 RPM but not bad at all. I have a mountune RMM and with the AC on at idle the car would vibe. It's 30 degrees in MA but I turned the AC on full tilt and have ZERO vibes at idle. Maybe this combo works really well together. I don't have any vibes at idle with the heat on either.

I will definitely need more time with it to give a final review but preliminary thoughts are very very encouraging. I will post some pics tomorrow!

-Brad

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
Just wanted to chime in and let you know that I just installed my Silver Metallic with Black Bushing Upper Engine Mount on my 2015 MM Focus ST. Easy install for sure even for someone who doesn't wrench on their car every weekend. You definitely need a few tools. You need to be able to safely lift the front end of the car and place it on stands or ramps. You also need a jack to hold the engine in place as you remove the crappy OEM mount. If you didn't have to jack up and lift the car twice you could install this in 10 minutes! Make sure you have a torque wrench as well as you will need to torque the bolts to the proper spec (90nm for the two bolts on the fender and 80nm for the 3 bolts on the engine).

I only took a short drive after install tonight but I must say the engine feels planted within the car and I have virtually no wheel hop! I was slightly concerned with added vibrations. They are there from about 1000-1500 RPM but not bad at all. I have a mountune RMM and with the AC on at idle the car would vibe. It's 30 degrees in MA but I turned the AC on full tilt and have ZERO vibes at idle. Maybe this combo works really well together. I don't have any vibes at idle with the heat on either.

I will definitely need more time with it to give a final review but preliminary thoughts are very very encouraging. I will post some pics tomorrow!

-Brad
Brad
Thanks for your review!

381 - 400 of 413 Posts