1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
Need one in blue.

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
What is the bushing material? What is the NVH with this mount? Did not see either at the link provided.

·
Vendor
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, it does add some vibs initially, however after an initial break in of 500-1000 miles we have members state they can hardly even feel the vibs anymore. This is due to a unique square bushing design we have.

Material is poly. It does not rot like rubber does, and holds up much better for many years. After using this bushing in our cobalt SS Turbocharged mounts for over 7 years, we have never had 1 failed bushing, with 1,000's sold.

We have been making engine mounts for nearly 10 years, we are very experienced in what works and what does not.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
A little steep in price for me to try on a brand new car without any testimonials yet
After good reviews etc I can justify the spending
For now drivin like a granny reduces wheel hop 1/2 bang and increases gas savings to use in future for such mods hah

·
Registered
674 Posts
A little steep in price for me to try on a brand new car without any testimonials yet
After good reviews etc I can justify the spending
For now drivin like a granny reduces wheel hop 1/2 bang and increases gas savings to use in future for such mods hah
Same here, looking for positive feedback prior to purchase, atm id rather spend the $230 for the cp-e rmm...innovative design + nifty informative video + testimonials...im not saying i wouldnt buy this too. Its just a bit early. Took me weeks to decide to spend the cash on the cp-e and many good reviews, and i still havent purchased it...lol.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Any time you have more then one mount, I can promise its probably going to vibrate the **** out of the car
Actually in my experience with 2 solid mounts and one window welded it divided the vibrations and makes them almost non-existant. When I had just one - vibrated a lot more.

You can't really promise and then say probably. If you promised it would imply certainty, saying probably implies your opinion.

Welcome back!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Actually in my experience with 2 solid mounts and one window welded it divided the vibrations and makes them almost non-existant. When I had just one - vibrated a lot more.

You can't really promise and then say probably. If you promised it would imply certainty, saying probably implies your opinion.

Welcome back!
I'm glad you have a life, by the way: I know this because I have a top mount already.

·
Vendor
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Welcome back!
You are spot on! Some may not believe it, but it holds true. Another member, on another forum, posted this exact same thing that more mounts actually offers less vibs:

"The vibrations are caused by slight imbalances in the mass of the lower end internals of the motor. When you have just a lower torque mount installed; the stock upper mount has play, causing the upper motor to dance, it may be magnifying the frequency. Once the whole unit is locked in, it stops the freq's from gaining magnitude."

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
Which side is this upper mount for? Will one be released for the other side? If what was stated above is true, then there is still one mount that will transmit vibration. I'm fairly satisfied with the results of just changing the lower mount and not in a hurry to change the others without more feed back.

·
Vendor
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Which side is this upper mount for? Will one be released for the other side? If what was stated above is true, then there is still one mount that will transmit vibration. I'm fairly satisfied with the results of just changing the lower mount and not in a hurry to change the others without more feed back.
The one we offer is the upper engine mount (on the passenger side) shown here:

dscn1231_101_detail.jpg

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
So who is ready to get one?
Any chance of a holiday deal or something of the sort?

EDIT: Just saw there is a 16% discount. Any coupon or discount codes in the future by chance?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Might place an order this weekend. Going to be working on the car some and I have to get a mental picture of which color I'd like.

1 - 20 of 408 Posts