Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I've been searching around for an answer but have had no luck. Maybe im wording it wrong, but I've been wondering if the turbo from our st is the same from the rs/mustang? If not and the rs/mustang is bigger could they be swapped out on the st for more power? Any info would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
We have a smaller turbo. No we cannot swap those on to our motor. Their exhaust port on their head is different making the turbine side of the turbo different as well. They have twin scroll turbos.

There are plenty of cheaper used turbos that pop up all the time that are proven and will be better than trying to use another car's OEM turbo. I'm pretty sure there's at least one that gets bumped in the for sale section every few days that could use a new home.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
Hey guys, so I've been searching around for an answer but have had no luck. Maybe im wording it wrong, but I've been wondering if the turbo from our st is the same from the rs/mustang? If not and the rs/mustang is bigger could they be swapped out on the st for more power? Any info would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
We have a smaller turbo. No we cannot swap those on to our motor. Their exhaust port on their head is different making the turbine side of the turbo different as well. They have twin scroll turbos.

There are plenty of cheaper used turbos that pop up all the time that are proven and will be better than trying to use another car's OEM turbo. I'm pretty sure there's at least one that gets bumped in the for sale section every few days that could use a new home.
Check your mentions. Hopefully pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts

That. 100%. You can thank the STs headifold for our limited turbo options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts