Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 63 degrees when I left the house for work this morning and for the first time in months my car felt AMAZING! Had no problems hitting peak boost around 22-23 psi, unlike the 20-21 I have been getting in the heat. I forgot how great and responsive it felt before the summer heat hit. Who else is excited about cool weather and some spirited driving?

Reactions: Murd3rb0t and 2.3T

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's the sweet spot!!! Warm enough for the tires to stay grippy and cool enough for a happy turbo

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
816 Posts
We're already in the 40 degree mornings here. Tonight it's supposed to drop to 22 degrees I heard...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
482 Posts
Still hitting 80's here in Texas. But evenings are dropping into the 60's and 50's.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We're already in the 40 degree mornings here. Tonight it's supposed to drop to 22 degrees I heard...

Now that's some nice cold dense air. Last I was in Boston was March of 2014 and I remember there being a good bit of snow on the ground. I need to make a trip back there to visit my cousin.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Now that's some nice cold dense air. Last I was in Boston was March of 2014 and I remember there being a good bit of snow on the ground. I need to make a trip back there to visit my cousin.
If your ever up there shoot me a PM or what not. March is usually hit or miss, either it's in the 30s almost the whole month or some days will creep to the 50s.

It also didn't hit the 20s last night but was in the 30s with some frost

Reactions: Bryman13

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I'm loving the cooler weather. My tires aren't lol.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm noticing the cooler temperatures as well. Looking for someone to install my FMIC. Got a quote for$175 from a member of our enthusiasts group. Not sure if that's a good price or no. I might do it myself, just need some ramps. The video from levels seems pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I'm noticing the cooler temperatures as well. Looking for someone to install my FMIC. Got a quote for$175 from a member of our enthusiasts group. Not sure if that's a good price or no. I might do it myself, just need some ramps. The video from levels seems pretty straight forward.
That price isn't terrible, but it's easy enough to DIY. Get a set of Rhino ramps from Amazon, and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Fur lined jackets, gay looking boots, leggings that look like they need to be worn only at home, black thick framed glasses....Great this winter everyone is going to be a Hipster Eskimo.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I need to invest in a cover for my knob...giggity

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I need to invest in a cover for my knob...giggity

I picked up a Deadpool knit cover. I don't like how it slides around. Feels like the shift knob is loose lol.

·
Registered
428 Posts
That price isn't terrible, but it's easy enough to DIY. Get a set of Rhino ramps from Amazon, and you'll be good to go.
Got some Rhino ramps from Wal-Mart and did it today. It wasn't "hard" but it was surely a PITA.

Reactions: willfromfreeport

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If your ever up there shoot me a PM or what not. March is usually hit or miss, either it's in the 30s almost the whole month or some days will creep to the 50s.

It also didn't hit the 20s last night but was in the 30s with some frost

Will do. Though it is highly likely that I would fly so I would not have the ST with me.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got some Rhino ramps from Wal-Mart and did it today. It wasn't "hard" but it was surely a PITA.
Good deal! :RockOn::banana: DIY is always the best way to go whenever possible. You gain a whole new appreciation for the work done when you have to get down and dirty to get it done.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts