Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I release throttle at about 2500 rpm I hear fairly loud turbo flutter. This started about two months ago, and at this point I hear it regularly. Im guessing this is bad, any suggestions? Im figuring I ought to schedule an appointment to the dealer soon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
When you release the throttle at 2500rpm - is this under light, medium, or heavy throttle? Is there any boost built up? Or not really?
Maybe your stock bypass valve isn't working..?
Is your intake setup, box, air filter stock?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its pretty stock, I have RS intake box with green filter, and a symposer delete are the only things.

And under light to medium throttle. Just cruising really, so little boost. If I let off the throttle at a higher rpm,more boost application, the BPV goes.

bpv not working at lower pressure seems like a good possibility.

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
One thing to know about all turbo cars. You will get a me flutter. This normally happens at low boost levels. The problem is when it always happens no matter the driving conditions and boost level. So at low rpms and low boost it isn't anything to normally worry about. If it happens at WOT then you have an issue.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One thing to know about all turbo cars. You will get a me flutter. This normally happens at low boost levels. The problem is when it always happens no matter the driving conditions and boost level.
Thats good to hear, it seemed to be happening more so I was concerned, but it does not happen under any significant boost pressure.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I just swapped to cobb ots stage 2 the other day and now it flutters every low to medium shift change. Only makes my bov go when i actually give it the beans. Wonder why. Stage 2 never did that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts