Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my exhaust adapter and exhaust housing off the turbine housing to have cerekoted. Anyone have any advice to ensure they are clocked properly for install?

The cerakote makes for a pretty snug connection and I can’t just loosen the T bolts and twist it. I have to take completely off to adjust the correct orientation.
Any advice would be great.
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Bumper

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,373 Posts
Getting it perfectly oriented is not going to be possible off the car. You're going to have to work with that coating.

What you need to do is install the turbo with the elbow-to-turbo vband loose enough to allow the turbo to turn. Install your downpipe in the car completely, just without the downpipe Vband on. You will need to rotate the turbo so that the downpipe vbands line up on-plane with one another. At this point you install the downpipe Vband and snug it down.

After all that, snug down the elbow-to-turbo vband.

Lastly, give final torque on both vbands. Then once you do your intial startup, snug them both down again. Don't go crazy on the elbow -to-turbo vband. It isn't super robust.

· Administrator
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,331 Posts
Great info! Exactly what I was looking for

You need to be extra conscious of the coldside hitting the passenger side of the block. Tension from the DP will force this to happen sometimes, so make sure to lock it all down before you connect the DP

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,373 Posts
You need to be extra conscious of the coldside hitting the passenger side of the block. Tension from the DP will force this to happen sometimes, so make sure to lock it all down before you connect the DP
That's only when you run turbos off of caterpillar earth moving equipment. Theres a lot of flexibility on 28 series turbos.

· Administrator
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,331 Posts
That's only when you run turbos off of caterpillar earth moving equipment. Theres a lot of flexibility on 28 series turbos.
Some people can **** up a steel ball, if the guys clocking, besides all his hookups, his lines, his dump, his ewg, the coldside squeaks onto the list of stuff to check. Lol

· Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
3,706 Posts
Some people can **** up a steel ball, if the guys clocking, besides all his hookups, his lines, his dump, his ewg, the coldside squeaks onto the list of stuff to check. Lol
Steel ball 😊😁

Does it make a difference if German or British? 😁

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.