Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm a modding newbie and so I'm trying to find a place in AZ that will do the install work on my new mods (CAI, RMM, FMIC, upgraded sparkplugs, possibly a downpipe, just don't know if I should go with catless or catted). Found a place in Phx, but I'm getting a quote of $800 for the install PLUS an additional $500 for a custom tune...seems very high to me, but since I'm a relative newbie, I thought I'd ask the experts on here...

For someone who is not able to do the installs themselves, are there any decent places in AZ that will do the work for you for a reasonable price...?

·
Registered
660 Posts
That price doesn't seem too far out of the ballpark for that amount of work plus custom tune.

As for catless vs. catted, a lot would depend on state emission laws. Living in PA, no emission in agricultural counties. Also, moving to South Carolina where there is no inspection or emissions at all, catless downpipe is not a problem for me.

Someone just this morning from PA posted they fail even with high flow catted downpipe so beware. My catless downpipe also has a vibrant defouler with smallest insert so I don't have an oxygen sensor light on my dash constantly.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Hey all, I'm a modding newbie and so I'm trying to find a place in AZ that will do the install work on my new mods (CAI, RMM, FMIC, upgraded sparkplugs, possibly a downpipe, just don't know if I should go with catless or catted). Found a place in Phx, but I'm getting a quote of $800 for the install PLUS an additional $500 for a custom tune...seems very high to me, but since I'm a relative newbie, I thought I'd ask the experts on here...

For someone who is not able to do the installs themselves, are there any decent places in AZ that will do the work for you for a reasonable price...?
Wrenching is a lot easier than you think on these cars. Just about everybody here in AZ all do their installs themselves, and a large majority of us are tuned by Stratified.

Reactions: justindeboosted

·
Registered
113 Posts

Where did you get that quote from?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you get that quote from?
Black Market Racing in Phoenix. Basically quoting me $110/hour, and charging me an hour each for the CAI, RMM, FMIC, and upgraded sparkplugs, and 3 hours for a TBE install. From what I've gleaned online, $110/hour seems to be even higher than dealership rates...and maybe with the exception of the RMM, but the other parts should be a breeze to install, no...?

Fortunately I got a much better deal elsewhere...

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Where at in the Phoenix area are you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.