Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting on ordering my BT until I can find a location to tune my car. I contacted Boost Control Performance in Livonia, MI and they told me to contact Deadhook Motorsports, who are 40 minutes away. I have literally emailed those guys 3 times and called, leaving voicemails, more times than I can remember. Needless to say, I am not a fan of those guys. I am also afraid of having an etune done and blowing my car. Anybody know a location near me that will tune my car. I am also adding Stratified's aux fuel. Literally, these tuning guys are holding me up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Stratified, Unleashed, Cobb, etc can all tune for you, you don't need to have a "real" dyno tune done in person, and an eTune isn't exactly bad.

What I think you are afraid of is what they call an "off the shelf" (OTS) tune. This is also sent to you electronically, loaded onto your tuner, then flashed to your car. These aren't bad, but they are not custom. I wouldn't use one for a big turbo upgrade, especially because you'll want the car to behave the way YOU want it to, not a one size fits all behavior.

What they will do, when you pay for a custom big turbo tune, is send you one of these OTS tunes, or a base tune as they may call it to start off with. You datalog, and store information about how the car is behaving and send it back to your tuner. With your desires into consideration they will shoot for you desired HP, throttle response, sounds, etc. These tuners are something else you'd be surprised by all the things they can do with these cars.

I would research all the different tuners, see which you you think would be the best option for you, and call them and they can explain alot better than I can.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I'm in Milford, MI and run the Stratified flash tune on my mostly stock ST. I have heard that Deadhook Motorsports can be dodgy (never dealt with them myself). I give Statified the thumbs up. Great customer service.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I am waiting on ordering my BT until I can find a location to tune my car. I contacted Boost Control Performance in Livonia, MI and they told me to contact Deadhook Motorsports, who are 40 minutes away. I have literally emailed those guys 3 times and called, leaving voicemails, more times than I can remember. Needless to say, I am not a fan of those guys. I am also afraid of having an etune done and blowing my car. Anybody know a location near me that will tune my car. I am also adding Stratified's aux fuel. Literally, these tuning guys are holding me up.
I'm just curious where you live in Livonia?? I live there too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts