Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's an annoying one: on my 2017 ST1 with either the radio or the ipod, the station/track will randomly jump forward. Say I'm on station 91.0, the radio will occasionally jump to 91.1 (so, not the next preset) or the track on the ipod will just leap to the next song. At first I thought it was the ipod because it's pretty old and that's the common fail mode when these old ipod classic HDDs start failing, but thankfully, the radio wanted in on the annoyance, too. It's not constant enough to bring it to a dealer so that they can hold my car for a day or more and tell me they can't reproduce the problem, but it's often enough to happen several times a day. The only button that reproduces this effect is the "tune" dial, so at least the steering wheel control is out as a possibility. I tried the stereo reset, but it unsurprisingly didn't work. I figure it's a bad head unit, but thought I'd throw it out here to see if anyone has another suggestion.

With my last three cars (this, a 2012 SE, and a 2006 Mazda3), about the only real things that I had trouble with were the stupid head units and you can't just swap them like the old cars that I never actually had fail (but, of course, they generally had more important things fail).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts