Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Took a shaky video of it. @Boomba Racing is this what you were referring to?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah my Turbo Smart 50/50 does the same thing, but exhaust drone helps the issue of hearing it go off. Turning the music up all the way up also helps from being able to hear it :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone put a aftermarket wastegate on there stock turbo. To make the "pppshhh pppshhh pppshhh" sound stop cuz it drives me nuts. I was thinking it could be the actuator or spring causing compressor surge.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Has anyone put a aftermarket wastegate on there stock turbo. To make the "pppshhh pppshhh pppshhh" sound stop cuz it drives me nuts. I was thinking it could be the actuator or spring causing compressor surge.

Here's thinking of a bov you are in a bov thread. Put in a recirc valve or hook your bov to a true vacuum reference source such as a map tap or symposer delete. And it will go off nearly as much. My turbosmart hooked up to the vacuum solenoid it was annoying you couldn't take off from stop sign without a bowling off much better hooked up to an actual vacuum

·
Registered
255 Posts

Do this.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts