Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, that is what you need for Torrie's tune.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of performance gains should I expect realistically from this tune? Is there anyone with any dyno sheets who have a stock Torrie tune? Their webpage doesn't give #'s.

·
Registered
139 Posts
What kind of performance gains should I expect realistically from this tune? Is there anyone with any dyno sheets who have a stock Torrie tune? Their webpage doesn't give #'s.
There are posts and dyno graphs that will show anything from 7-10 to 20+ peak horsepower on a mostly stock car. This of course has many factors such as whose tune it is, temperature, humidity, dyno type, other modifications etc.

The key to understanding the benefits of a QUALITY tune is that every aspect of driving will be improved, you will gain far more torque than peak HP gains and that is what makes tuning the car worth it. The tune is only as good as the R&D behind it, so I advise avoiding a generic off the shelf tune.

I recently installed the Unleashed 93 octane tune and the "delay" in boost with a stock car is gone. It's instant. The car is SO MUCH MORE responsive and anything above 1/2 to 3/4 throttle the car freaking rips. Torrie is super supportive if you have questions or need support.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I’d buy an access port as you’ll have much more capability for monitoring than with sct. Then I’d contact Ryan Martin with purple drank tuning and you won’t need to go to any other tuners. He’s extremely talented. He’s not on the forums but can be found on Facebook. Trust me, I’ve had four tuners over the past four years. He’s my last. I now will not let anyone else tune my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts