Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my tuner and tunes from unleashed. I just had an esp intercooler and added the ngk spark plugs. I thought if you added upgrades they were free..

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
676 Posts
I think most of the tuners offer either a one time custom tune, or for a bit more money, a lifetime tune.

Just a guess, but did you only buy the custom tune and not the lifetime?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent him all my info and he directed me to the order form. I am not going to pay all over again for two tunes. I would pay an upgrade I will sell my tuner and go with the cobb.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Ok it doesnt matter whether ypu use an accessport or SCT, unless you buy a lifetime tune, which is every time you add parts you dont have to repay for a tune revision. Otherwise you pay a one time fee for a full tune and thats it. You send them ypur info and whats parts you have, they swnd you a basemap and you start doing revisions. Now if you didnt buy a pro etune and you bougjt just an OTS+ tune that only gets one revision maybe 2 if they are cool. Again unless you purchased this kind of package, if you bought a tune and tuned ur car for whatever parts and then added parts to it your gonna have to pay to have retuned unless you bought the lifetime tune package. And that doesnt matter if its cobb or sct, its the same for both.

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don"t mind paying a fee but come on not the price for a new tune.

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
Or, you can purchase the Monster Tune (for AccessPort) which you can revise yourself; every time you add a new part you just re-flash the tune; re-establish OAR to -1 and the tune revises itself for the new part. This tune will not work with water-meth injection though, so keep that in mind. I've been running this tune for couple of months and have been logging the changes to see each parts improvement. Flashed the factory tune for a base line and V-Dyno (only used for comparison purposes, not really accurate) graphed 235 hp, 275 torque. Flashed Monster tune jumped to 245 hp, 295 torque with inefficient intercooler; switched to Depo 3.5 inch, re-flashed for 255 hp and 300 torque. Added cat-less downpipe, re-flashed for 265 hp, 320 torque. These numbers are rounded off because I'm a bit OCD!

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I don"t mind paying a fee but come on not the price for a new tune.
Just telling ya how it is. It doesnt sound like you researched all your options of tuning and the costs before you jumped in. Which it happens to the best of us. But just so know from this point on, its either monstertuned, take the classes pay the 150 or qhatever to cobb and get accesstuner race, or buy a lifetime protune from one of the many REPUTABLE Ecoboost platform tuners, OR and I in no way recommend or like these, but theres also the 100 flash tunes that strat and some others sell that come with like one or two revisions which i think are 🤮. So those are pretty much your options, or go back to stock...lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got an email from unleashed instead of 199 a tune they will do it for 150 a tune... i have an 89 and 93 tune from torrie. So to mod my tunes it will cost me $300 i think I will be selling my sct4 2015 .

·
Vendor
492 Posts
Or, you can purchase the Monster Tune (for AccessPort) which you can revise yourself; every time you add a new part you just re-flash the tune; re-establish OAR to -1 and the tune revises itself for the new part. This tune will not work with water-meth injection though, so keep that in mind. I've been running this tune for couple of months and have been logging the changes to see each parts improvement. Flashed the factory tune for a base line and V-Dyno (only used for comparison purposes, not really accurate) graphed 235 hp, 275 torque. Flashed Monster tune jumped to 245 hp, 295 torque with inefficient intercooler; switched to Depo 3.5 inch, re-flashed for 255 hp and 300 torque. Added cat-less downpipe, re-flashed for 265 hp, 320 torque. These numbers are rounded off because I'm a bit OCD!
Thanks for the feedback sir, glad you're enjoying our Stage X calibration.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sct x4 tuner up for sale torrie can pound sand. I will never do business with him again.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thinking of going that way. If I can find a good tuner who does the sct x4 I might keep. Anyone who has a scr x4 runer chime in.

·
1,512 Posts
Just echoing, but you're asking the tuner to do the job over. It's ridiculous To expect them to do it for free or discounted. They're writing you a tune the way they did when you first showed up.
In fact, i come from a time, not so long ago, where every time you made a change to a modified car, it had to go back on the rollers for a dyno tune revision which were always several hundred dollars. We pay peanuts compared to those rates since modern platforms have enough data monitoring to allow remote tuning.

Thinking of going that way. If I can find a good tuner who does the sct x4 I might keep. Anyone who has a scr x4 runer chime in.
Brew city boost offers tuning using the x4, also another member on here uses SSI tuning. I'd imagine it was also done remotely but he can clarify @HOON-I-CAN

Reactions: SSgtjrobertson

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, Shawn Ellis over at SSI performance tunes all my vehicles. He's an OG in the tuning world. My 3.5 eco F150 was running mid 12s tune only on 22s 🤣. Im currently running one of his 666 tunes on the FoST. Shoot him a call and tell him Troy said you need one of his tunes 😎.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts