Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm filling out my tune question form and a couple questions are a little confusing, help please. Sorry, just don't want to screw this up and pay again to fix it.

Sound Symposer:

The symposer can be disabled if it becomes too noisy while running a cat back exhaust. We enable this by default. CHECK to DISABLE. Leave blank otherwise. FOCUS ST ONLY.

I'm assuming I check this if I want the symposer to remain active. I have not changed my exhaust yet.

Active Grille Shutters:

The active grille shutters make the OEM intercooler less efficient than it already is. We recommend removing them. We enable them by default. CHECK to DISABLE. Leave blank otherwise. FOCUS ST ONLY.

I have not changed my FMIC yet, so the shutters are still in place. What does enabled by default mean, they are already enabled.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm filling out my tune question form and a couple questions are a little confusing, help please. Sorry, just don't want to screw this up and pay again to fix it.

Sound Symposer:

The symposer can be disabled if it becomes too noisy while running a cat back exhaust. We enable this by default. CHECK to DISABLE. Leave blank otherwise. FOCUS ST ONLY.

I'm assuming I check this if I want the symposer to remain active. I have not changed my exhaust yet.

Active Grille Shutters:

The active grille shutters make the OEM intercooler less efficient than it already is. We recommend removing them. We enable them by default. CHECK to DISABLE. Leave blank otherwise. FOCUS ST ONLY.

I have not changed my FMIC yet, so the shutters are still in place. What does enabled by default mean, they are already enabled.
Enable by default means that they will still be active with a tune. If you want the sound symposer to be "ON" then DO NOT check the box. Same with the active shutter system. If you still want it to be "WORKING" then DO NOT check the box

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Enable by default means that they will still be active with a tune. If you want the sound symposer to be "ON" then DO NOT check the box. Same with the active shutter system. If you still want it to be "WORKING" then DO NOT check the box
Great, thank you for the clarification, appreciate it !!

Reactions: jam360nml
1 - 3 of 3 Posts