Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw that Steeda has a replacement for the passenger side, upper motor mount, but there doesn't seem to be much talk about it on the forums.

Anyone have any thoughts on how the Steeda compares to the TTR mount?

Opinions on both are welcome.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
7 Posts
I'll jump in here:)
When you get a mount from Steeda, you are working with a ISO 9001-2008 certified company.
We are a Ford Technology Transfer partner, so we get engineering and CAD data directly from Ford engineers to assist us in developing products.
We have been build and racing the Focus for over 10 years.

Our 555-4030 Steeda Focus ST Passenger Side Engine Mount has a Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing defects.
Our engineers designed this mount for Street and Race use, providing two different bushing options. Our red bushings are softer and intended for street use with only minimal NVH increase, and the black bushings are harder and intended for race use.

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! Definitely considering your mount.

Just curious, how long has your mount been out? Until yesterday I thought TTR was the only one offering a mount.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I'll jump in here:)
When you get a mount from Steeda, you are working with a ISO 9001-2008 certified company.
We are a Ford Technology Transfer partner, so we get engineering and CAD data directly from Ford engineers to assist us in developing products.
We have been build and racing the Focus for over 10 years.

Our 555-4030 Steeda Focus ST Passenger Side Engine Mount has a Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing defects.
Our engineers designed this mount for Street and Race use, providing two different bushing options. Our red bushings are softer and intended for street use with only minimal NVH increase, and the black bushings are harder and intended for race use.
Really...

Does the ISO help with copying parts?

VF

Focus Engine: Ford Focus Performance Parts - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Ttr one looks beefier and all around cleaner appearance. The color choices are a nice touch as well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Waiting for my gloss black ttr mount!

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
They copied the VF mounts. We have exclusivity on the Focus VF mounts. We used to sell them to Steeda. One day they decided to copy them. I just think it's funny to mention this ISO certification frequently considering this.

·
Registered
305 Posts
They copied the VF mounts. We have exclusivity on the Focus VF mounts. We used to sell them to Steeda. One day they decided to copy them. I just think it's funny to mention this ISO certification frequently considering this.
Ew... Well that's less points for Steeda in my book ! (not the ISO mentioning (that's just funny now) but the mounts copying)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm not commenting on part copying since I know nothing of the history, only on ISO.

ISO pertains to quality and repeatably of the process and that the process and work products meet any required regulatory standards.

Having been responsible for taking a 200 person organization through ISO certification, I know that a significant amount of money, time, and effort were expended to achieve that certification. Companies that get certified should be proud and let customers know they are certified. If you drive down I95/I85 any manufacturing facility you see that has the certification has it displayed right on the building. This being the internet and there are no buildings, it is prudent to declare the certification.

Having said all that, many good businesses exist that actually follow all the principals that will get you certified but have not been through the certification process.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I love my ttr mount and it is doing a fantastic job.

ttr motor mount with grade 8 frame bolts and washers 002.JPG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
wuplash
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing