Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I may be imagining things because I haven't really put too awfully many miles on the mount yet but I would venture to say this mount has already mellowed out quite a bit after 200 miles or so, I checked all my torque on all fasteners and everything checked out thanks again TurboTechRacing!!!

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Initial break in is around 1000 miles, vibs should go down a lot by this point yet still have very little if any movement in the mounts.
vibes aren't bad to begin with so honestly it doesn't even matter if it mellows any. Its hardly noticeable. Noise is more but it's enjoyably more nothing intrusive.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
The proper socket for the stud is an E-10.

image.jpg

Made a short video showing just how much the stock mounts flex.

Thanks for extending the price break. I let a few of the guys in my crew of misfits drive my car and I think you be selling some more PSMM shortly. I plan on getting the transmission mount in the future.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
how can you really work on a car without a t-55 torx? lol just kidding.
the vibs were pretty crazy and almost too much to take for me but, i did the trans mount, rmm and the psmm all at once. after 400mi its really settled down a lot. i gutted my balance shafts too so that may be adding to it

·
Registered
273 Posts
vibes aren't bad to begin with so honestly it doesn't even matter if it mellows any. Its hardly noticeable. Noise is more but it's enjoyably more nothing intrusive.
Just reading up on this mount and wondering what type of noise you are referring to. I'm not concerned so much with vibration, but I can't imagine what type of noise is being created by the motor mount...?

·
Vendor
1,479 Posts
Just reading up on this mount and wondering what type of noise you are referring to. I'm not concerned so much with vibration, but I can't imagine what type of noise is being created by the motor mount...?
It is just the engine sound transferring a bit through the mount to the frame. Pretty minor about though.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Search for my step by step videos on youtube if anyone needs more help. but I noticed a lot more wheel hop with only this mount being done. then it went away after the TTR tranny mount. if I was going to pick, I would say that just getting the tranny mount is a much better idea.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I have the CPE RMM stage 2 and both upper motor mounts. I’ve had them all
for around 3 1/2 years and I haven’t had a single problem with them.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts