Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all before I get into a single word about the mount a HUGE shoutout to @TurboTechRacing for their continued support of this fine community. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THANK YOU @Ocysp and @Silver_Shooter for rescuing me during my install nightmare.

Unboxing; shipping was fast fast fast left TTR at 3pm on monday, was on my doorstep wednesday before I woke up. Packaged well and even with free stickers.

Install:

Install is fairly simple and anybody who can change oil can do it. Should take about 30 minutes to do the install. With that being said it took me about 8 hours between stopping to send text messages, drinking whiskey to keep from killing it with fire, smoking cigarettes because I'm a degenerate. AND MULTIPLE trips to various hardware stores, home improvements stores, autozone,oreilleys, advance auto etc etc etc oh and my wifey and I had dinner in that time too (it was good if you are curious) PS you need a M12x1.75 tap if this happens to you
My biggest problem was somewhere along the way one of the holes in the chassis experienced some damage to the threads:

once I got this squared away install really is not difficult at all and I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it on their own.

I haven't put too awfully lot of miles on it yet but everyone wants to know: the vibes are minimal. (I have TSB RMM and '14 tranny mount) I will say the vibes are less than 5% of the vibes I felt on a fully broken in boomba RMM (only thing I have to compare it to) There are some moderate vibes in 6th around 40-45 (5th feels fine at these speeds so just delay how you shift to 6th) The vibes aren't really even noticeable other than right at start up and in the previously mentioned range. Noise is substantially more than stock and I LOVE the way it sounds. Track report forthcoming.

Check out this and other fine products from TurboTechracing:
www.turbotechracing.com

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Lol I looked up the bolt size and just about PMed you when I got the notification.

Nice write up, I love this mount. You getting ready to go racing?

·
Registered
5,878 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice work!..vibes are definitely more mild than the DSMM. My install problem was that the motor bolts came out while attempting to remove the fasteners. The fasteners then became a pain to remove from the bolts once out.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice work!..vibes are definitely more mild than the DSMM. My install problem was that the motor bolts came out while attempting to remove the fasteners. The fasteners then became a pain to remove from the bolts once out.
Mine did that too but it wasn't too hard to get then separated just used some channel locks and a crescent

·
Registered
324 Posts
^^ ha did not have a crescent so I had to improvise

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice job! Cant see sig/mod list right now but that's solid run for a tune. Any DA info? TC on? Details brutha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14.1 was with esc fully off only mods are tune and umm 60 foot was terrible DA according to drag time's calculator is 1961 one of the bracket racers said it was more like 1800

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is there an install guide for this anywhere?
it comes with really easy to follow instruction but I might have enough pictures here to do a small write up; If there is any specific questions you might have feel free to post em up here or PM me I'm more than willing to help any way I can

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Silver_Shooter I never did better than a 14.1 (very first pass of the night) car is pretty consistent 14.3 wheel hopping all the way to the 1/8 mile mark feels like lol; turbotech will be getting more of my money for more mounts thats for sure

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
@Silver_Shooter I never did better than a 14.1 (very first pass of the night) car is pretty consistent 14.3 wheel hopping all the way to the 1/8 mile mark feels like lol; turbotech will be getting more of my money for more mounts thats for sure
Did you try it with TC on at all?
GNocide pulled a 2.0 60' with TC on and Chinese tires. Ridesright or some BS. I was amazed.
If you didn't, you should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 62 Posts