Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
No idea what you are referring to. Only thing on the backside is the pcv connection and the bolt holes to mount the manifold
Yeah now that I look at it again, my statement was horribly vague.

picture020_1766_detail.jpg

Counting from left to right, hole number 5, second from the right. Just was wondering what that one in specific was.

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
Yeah now that I look at it again, my statement was horribly vague.

View attachment 34207

Counting from left to right, hole number 5, second from the right. Just was wondering what that one in specific was.
That is the Chevy cobalt manifold... Not the st...

It is just a npt plug hole for the customer to use as they wish

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
That is the Chevy cobalt manifold... Not the st...

It is just a npt plug hole for the customer to use as they wish
Jesus Christ, I'm really on a roll tonight. Sorry about that. The signature is in full effect.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'd be interested to see the difference with a larger or ported throttle body. Is the opening on the intake mani larger than stock at all?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i watched two of the videos and it looks like there are no fans set up?
There definitely was a fan. I was cursing that fan the whole time because I was freezing my a** off. The ST is facing an open bay door which is about 5 feet in front of the bumper. The fan was actually sitting just right outside so that it could gather all the cold air from outside and blow it onto the front bumper.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
wow I would have expected much more with all the talk about how bad the stock setup was.......

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
^^^+10,000. some have shown greater gains with just the spacer. i'd like to see a stock car with this as the only mod. for comparison;)

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
^^^+10,000. some have shown greater gains with just the spacer. i'd like to see a stock car with this as the only mod. for comparison;)
Have they? can you trust the data they provide?

No way the spacer gives you more than 1-2 hp max.

No company has done independent testing like we did... Non company affiliated, testing... No gain to the tester. They all have been businesses that have tested and have a company gain to sell it. So we would question the truthfulness of it.

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
wow I would have expected much more with all the talk about how bad the stock setup was.......
Where did we say where it was bad? We stated where our manifold would be different.

A bolt on giving 8 HP and 12 torque is not a bad bolt on gain. Compare to an exhaust-intake, similar gains as this product. It all helps.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I don't really like the number as you stated before, a stage three car should be around 270. what I need to see is a baseline of this car on this particular dyno

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Where did we say where it was bad? We stated where our manifold would be different.

A bolt on giving 8 HP and 12 torque is not a bad bolt on gain. Compare to an exhaust-intake, similar gains as this product. It all helps.
There will be a time in this platforms development where this intake may or may not become an absolute necessity, I commend TurboTechRacing for seeing that day on the horizon and producing OPTIONS for a new platform and showing their dedication to it's advancement. "8-10" horse is on this one car on this one day on this one dyno. Some people might show 15 some might not show any gains at all.

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
I don't really like the number as you stated before, a stage three car should be around 270. what I need to see is a baseline of this car on this particular dyno
Did you even read this thread yet in entire?!?!

We stated it should be about 275hp, like you stated, as to why gains show about 22% less than actual on a dynojet.

Base line or not... It is the delta (change) that counts.

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
There will be a time in this platforms development where this intake may or may not become an absolute necessity, I commend TurboTechRacing for seeing that day on the horizon and producing OPTIONS for a new platform and showing their dedication to it's advancement. "8-10" horse is on this one car on this one day on this one dyno. Some people might show 15 some might not show any gains at all.
Agreed. As far as necessary, with the provided gains and cost it comes back to an exhaust or intake, similar price, similar gains; so you could say that about ANY bolt on, this part is no different. Plus it looks great in the engine bay :)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I never said "you" said anything, just all the talk about how the transition was bad from the mani to the head.....

I am sure down the road I will get one from you or Breedt but does not really fit into my build budget for the gain.

Thanks for all the hard work thought!

Reactions: Ocysp

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
OK people! Please look at gains from specific parts differently. DO NOT look at peak improvements! Look at how much added area under the curve is. Also look at the percentage of area under the curve gain compared to previous area number. If you dont understand what I just said pm me and I will be please to explain a little more in depth.

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
I never said "you" said anything, just all the talk about how the transition was bad from the mani to the head.....

I am sure down the road I will get one from you or Breedt but does not really fit into my build budget for the gain.

Thanks for all the hard work thought!
It is bad for that transition, yes, but it is not going to gain you HUGE HP, like some have lead this forum to belive. You might see 1-2 HP by a smoother flow at this point, but that is all.

Thanks! :)

·
Vendor
1,493 Posts
OK people! Please look at gains from specific parts differently. DO NOT look at peak improvements! Look at how much added area under the curve is. Also look at the percentage of area under the curve gain compared to previous area number. If you dont understand what I just said pm me and I will be please to explain a little more in depth.
VERY good point :)

·
Registered
748 Posts

I can give you some info as a base line on this type of Dyno. When I was completely stock I dynoed a such Dyno and with 300miles in he car I made 203whp if at helps. That was a completely stock car no mods except rear motor mount.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts