Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those wondering, one obvious difference is in the size of the bushing. On the stock mount, the round bushing is free to flop back and forth and hit the mount. On the new one, the rubber extends completely to each side, and looks thicker. Overall it definitely seems more robust.

You can kind see a discoloration where the bushing has been hitting the mount:

2013-07-12 10.37.30.jpg

New Mount:
new2013-07-12 10.38.07.jpg

Hopefully I can get the mount swapped this weekend.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Do you work at a dealer? Just wondering when you ordered this new mount and when you received it. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and am waiting patiently on a call. I'm in Metro Detroit too...

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you work at a dealer? Just wondering when you ordered this new mount and when you received it. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and am waiting patiently on a call. I'm in Metro Detroit too...
I do not work at a dealer. I ordered my mount through Fast Parts Network a couple weeks ago, and received it today. I was done messing around with the dealers in the area, and I decided I would simply replace the UMM (already did the RMM), and likely leave the clutch line alone.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I hear yea. I already did the RMM and when I heard about the new PSMM and trans mount I ordered them right away. I'll replace them myself and skip the clutch line. Please update this thread with your driving impressions after the install. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear yea. I already did the RMM and when I heard about the new PSMM and trans mount I ordered them right away. I'll replace them myself and skip the clutch line. Please update this thread with your driving impressions after the install. Thanks!
Will do. If you are doing the trans mount without the clutch line, please let me know how that works out once you receive the mounts. I've yet to see a final decision of whether or not the clutch line is required with the trans mount replacement - some are saying the mount is larger and the different clutch line is required, while others are saying it's just slightly more restrictive and to replace lines damaged by engine roll. If it's not required for the trans mount, that will be on my to-do list as well.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Would you happen to have the part number? I might just do this instead of going through the hassel of the dealerships..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Entire parts list for the TSB:

Roll Restrictor [CM5Z-6068-A]
Clutch Line PTL [DV6Z-7A512-B]
Engine Mount [DV6Z-6038-B]
Transmission Mount [DV6Z-6068-A]
Transmission Mount Bolt [W500361-S442]
Roll Restrictor Bolt [W716238-S442]
High Performance DOT4 Brake Fluid [PM-20]

I believe you are looking for "engine mount".

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Entire parts list for the TSB:

Roll Restrictor [CM5Z-6068-A]
Clutch Line PTL [DV6Z-7A512-B]
Engine Mount [DV6Z-6038-B]
Transmission Mount [DV6Z-6068-A]
Transmission Mount Bolt [W500361-S442]
Roll Restrictor Bolt [W716238-S442]
High Performance DOT4 Brake Fluid [PM-20]

I believe you are looking for "engine mount".
Correct, the UMM / passenger side mount is just "engine mount."
http://www.trademotion.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=DV6Z-6038-B&make=Ford&action=oePartSearch&siteid=318

I will be getting mine done tomorrow at 8 at the same shop I had my RMM replaced at. I'll update when it's complete.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK, here are some pictures of the differences between the two. I got the new mount installed today, and it definitely feels different. I was unable to get the car to bang going from 1-2. Shifts feel the same, but without the occasional "clunk" from under the hood (I would sometimes hear that even with no bang).

New Mount:

You can see rubber on both sides, and on top. When you grab the bushing and attempt to rotate or flex the mount, there was hardly any give.

2013-07-12 21.08.47.jpg 2013-07-12 21.09.39.jpg 2013-07-12 21.09.44.jpg 2013-07-12 21.13.54.jpg

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Old Mount:

Flimsy. You can easily flex the entire bushing by hand. You can also see in the top picture where the bushing has been slamming against the mount.

rub.jpg 2013-07-13 09.48.37.jpg 2013-07-13 09.49.43.jpg 2013-07-13 09.50.07.jpg

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At this point, with the new upper mount, and the e-focus RMM, the car is fine for my needs. I think I'll skip the transmission mount, and the clutch line. I don't plan to track the car, and with some aggressive driving after the install, it feels just like it should. No increase in NVH.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got my 14 st3 today. Would these all ready have been replaced or is this something I have to start looking at getting done?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got my 14 st3 today. Would these all ready have been replaced or is this something I have to start looking at getting done?
I'm wondering the same thing. My St3 should be here within 4 weeks and nobody seems to know if the new cars come with the new mount.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
It's a TSB, not a recall. The only way to know if you " have to start looking at getting done? " is to try the car. Shift hard 1-2 and 2-3. If its not banging, wait till its wet outside and floor it in 2nd gear. If it wheel hop like crazy, then you have a problem.

If not, you are good to go.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's a TSB, not a recall. The only way to know if you " have to start looking at getting done? " is to try the car. Shift hard 1-2 and 2-3. If its not banging, wait till its wet outside and floor it in 2nd gear. If it wheel hop like crazy, then you have a problem.

If not, you are good to go.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Ok cool. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
At this point, with the new upper mount, and the e-focus RMM, the car is fine for my needs. I think I'll skip the transmission mount, and the clutch line. I don't plan to track the car, and with some aggressive driving after the install, it feels just like it should. No increase in NVH.
Thanks for the info. I will have to figure out when Vorshlag does the install whether the new mount will clear the old line.........no idea at this point

Parts on order today......using Cobb RMM in lieu of factory e-focus

·
Registered
65 Posts
Right from TSB 13-12-3
FORD: 2013-2014 Focus

This article supersedes TSB 13-6-10 to update the vehicle model years and Service Procedure.

ISSUE:
Some 2013-2014 Focus ST vehicles built on or before 8/27/2013 may exhibit a bang noise and/or bump felt from front of vehicle during a quick 1-2 and/or 2-3 shift under moderate to aggressive acceleration.
If you're vehicle was built after 8/27/13, it should already have the updated mounts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
12 Participants
Zach99
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing