Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've tried following along with various guides here but I'm totally lost.

I have finished the signal wire (I tapped into F85 with an added 7.5a fuse...), the power wire, and the grounding wire (grounded it to a bolt behind the right panel).

Now where I am so lost is with tapping into the speakers. Basically, a friend of mine who did his 2013 ST1 with an LC2i and the same 10' sub as me told me he tapped into the rear speakers and it wasn't too hard. When I look at these speakers to tap into them I can't figure out any other way than to take the door off. There is a clip in the bottom attaching to the frame that I want to run the wires into so they can be put into the door sills and hidden like the other 3 wires. The problem is I can't take that clip out without seemingly taking the entire door off.

Have I done this all wrong? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong compared to other people who seemed to have done it easier than me. I'm trying to install the Rockford Fosgate 10' Punch Powered Loaded Subwoofer. I have an LC2i and like I said I think I finished with the other 3 wires just fine. I have taken apart the whole glove box and the rear door panels. I spent 5 hours trying to figure this out today because this is the first time I've ever done something like this and I'm just not sure whats going on. Should I be tapping into the speakers some other way? Should I tap into the front speakers is that easier? I've already upgraded my door speakers and that was pretty simple compared to this.

Do I just need to take the doors off to get that clip at the bottom of the car out or is there another way? I can't figure it out if there is.

Thanks for the help - I really appreciate it. Hopefully someone can help me with this because I'm completely lost.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Easiest spot to tap into is the rear speaker output coming from the factory radio, not the door itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easiest spot to tap into is the rear speaker output coming from the factory radio, not the door itself.

That would make a ton more sense than what I'm doing. Is there a way to find what wires I need to go off of? I'm guessing these are the wires in the trunk with all stuff out, under the styrofoam. Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Go to the electronics area and look for Skizzo's thread. i'd link it but don't have it available. yes, you'll want to run it from the amp in the trunk. there are 3 sets of wires running to the stock amp, the center plug is the one you'll want, and the colors are provided in diagrams and awesome videos that skizzo made.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I think the ST1 wiring is behind the head unit. No amp in the trunk on those IIRC.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would locate your LCI2 in the trunk with the Sub Amp. Tap off the rear speaker wires and run your own additional speaker wires (4 Wires Total, Rear L+ and L-, Rear R+ and R-) to the trunk for the LCi2. Your rear speaker wires should be coming straight from the factory stereo in the dash. Only Sony systems are in back. Now you can run RCA sub out from LCi2 to Amp.

I powered my LCi2's (in my case I should of had an LCi7 because I did all replacement speakers too) off the Speaker Amp and Sub Amp Power/ground wires that are direct from Battery. You then use Remote Out on the LCi2 to the Amp to power it on when it sees signal.

Reactions: DDT1972
1 - 6 of 6 Posts