Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20161116_154906 (1).jpg 20161116_154906 (1).jpg
trying to fix my alignment problem
i have Ei-bach Pro set lowering springs
need to know the cheapiest thing to buy

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
I have no idea what to do about that caster, but you can get coilovers for the front that have camber adjustment (I know, you are lowered on springs already) and adjustable camber arms for the rear.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The rear can be fixed with camber-adjustable arms.

The front can likely be fixed by repositioning the subframe a little. The shop will move the front subframe a little to the right to even out negative camber, and move the left side a little forward to reduce caster.

Before doing so, you may want to carefully check that the left lower control arm (and its bushings) are not damaged at all.

Hope that helps,
Mark

P.S. Other posters reported a while back that they found their subframes were not tightened down fully, so check both for sure -- just in case.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
You don't have to buy anything. Take the front struts off and put the top mounts on correctly. There is a plastic tab on the rear of them that has to be lined straight with the dimple on the back of the strut. You can see they are more thick in the rear as apposed to the front. If they are not on straight they screw with caster and camber. Use a string as you loosen the spring compressor. I had to fix a setup a guy didn't do right and his alignment looked like yours.

spring-.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
You don't have to buy anything. Take the front struts off and put the top mounts on correctly. There is a plastic tab on the rear of them that has to be lined straight with the dimple on the back of the strut. You can see they are more thick in the rear as apposed to the front. If they are not on straight they screw with caster and camber. Use a string as you loosen the spring compressor. I had to fix a setup a guy didn't do right and his alignment looked like yours.

View attachment 182057
I must have been really lucky; when I installed my B8's and Pro Kit I didn't think to line those up. When I went in for alignment everything was within spec accept a little toe in.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I must have been really lucky; when I installed my B8's and Pro Kit I didn't think to line those up. When I went in for alignment everything was within spec accept a little toe in.
If they are a little off they are ok. The ones I fixed had the tab 90 degrees out and the spring wasn't sitting in the perch right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts