Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2,836 Posts
hopefully you remove the tune and any parts so they don't deny warranty. but I'd assume you not getting warranty on something like this with any tell signs of mods. depends on the dealer and supervisor there.

Best of luck getting it sorted out and getting it on the road again.

Mind sharing what kinda of driving you were doing when it happened? 6th gear pulls in a school zone?

If I was to guess from those really bad pictures... LSPI, leaned out and burned a hole

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm at 4 years and 95,000 miles since I bought the car, so I'm well out of warranty.

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was leaving the parking lot at work and getting onto an on-ramp. I wasn't even pulling hard. I never do pulls until the car is fully warmed up.

Reactions: nickbaldwin86

· Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Man!! This just sucks!! My stomach sinks for your situation.

Keep posting your thoughts, experience, and plans.

· Registered
2,836 Posts
I'm at 4 years and 95,000 miles since I bought the car, so I'm well out of warranty.
My 2015 has 93k and bought with 2 miles and yeah over 4 years ago.

Hope mine holds together. :|

If you or a couple buddies can do a swap these motors are cheap and I mean CHEAP! and can be swapped in a garage in a long weekend, last one I did was 14 hours worth of work.

· Registered
24 Posts
I'm certainly nowhere near as knowledgeable as the others on here, but it is similar to something that happened to me (Without the rough ride). Got the same code, took it to the dealership on a Saturday and they told me there was moisture under the #2 plug. Took it back on Monday and they couldnt find anything, so I took the car. The next day, got the same code again. This time they took it apart and there was an issue with the Evaporation purge valve. Fixed that part and I have not had any issues since. Not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about, but the misfire code and moisture comment brought back my memory.

· Registered
1,509 Posts
While were on the talk of building bigger and better and of ysed escape motors. Has anyone ever had any luck with the mountune shortvlblocks, they are actually very reasonably priced and they dont charge core fees or new block fees. They have a 2.0 built short block or a 2.0 stroked 2.3 built short block and they are both within 500 bucks of each other, and compared to what alot of buklders charge for longblocks plus the shipping, the core, and or if you want them to use a new block, gets salty. I think one of mountunes shortblocks would be a great idea for the.money and then with nothing wrong wifh your original head, pull it have cleaned and surfaced maybe a valve job might cost you 400 bucks and slap that on the shortblock and your gravy.

· Registered
1 Posts
I put a cheap phone scope down into the cylinder bore and these were the pictures that I got. can any of you tell if the metal that looks a bit messed up in two out of the three pictures indicates what everybody is suggesting? in about an hour the company is coming to tow my car to the Ford dealer but if the piston is truly busted then I don't really see a point in all of that effort. and thank you to everybody who chimed in to give me some info because even bad news can be good information.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
any update on what the shop found?

· Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
5,391 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts