Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I can't seem to find how to search for it.

Just got this recall in the mail. Told me they need to reprogram my door locks and hatch lock cause they could open while driving...
Will this effect my tune? I'm stage one Cobb tuned and I'd rather not remove it if I don't have to.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
There was a rash of posts on here about 6 months ago about various issues; the gist was that a careless tech could skip steps or perform them out of order and cause damage. I'm not tuned myself and had no issues, but prudence dictates removing the tune in case they mess up your ECM.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Definitely flash back to stock.

Reactions: BlueHaloGirl

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I can't seem to find how to search for it.

Just got this recall in the mail. Told me they need to reprogram my door locks and hatch lock cause they could open while driving...
Will this effect my tune? I'm stage one Cobb tuned and I'd rather not remove it if I don't have to.
Strictly speaking no it doesn't matter because the program they will change is on the BCM not the PCM, but it's always safer if you have an unlocked accessport or SCT device to return to stock. Those with the Pro-cal, locked CARB or Mountune mTune versions of the AP can't or shouldn't need to uninstall them first.

They need to have the right version of the IDS software or the module won't take the flash though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts