Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I got a 2015 ST, I went for a trip for about a week and my car was working fine when I left. I get back, and it's parked where I left it, no damage or tampering that I can tell, battery is fine, car unlocks so key fob is fine, push button start and all of a sudden I get "power steering assist failure" and headlight something or other failure and check engine and the engine won't turn. I plugged in a bluetooth OBD reader and used the Torq app but it says that there are no fault codes.

There is not a single aftermarket modification on this car, no tune, no intake or exhaust or anything.

Has anybody ever heard of this? I want to disconnect the battery and believe that the car is just being an idiot but I wanted to get help from anybody else before charging through.

I called the dealership and they're booked for a week and won't bring a mechanic to the phone.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
It could just be a close to dead battery and the car is freaking out.
Most likely just due to the cold wherever you're located. I would disconnect the battery and/or jump the car and see if it will run.

Cars do all kinds of weird things when a battery cell goes out or the CCA can't achieve a start due to the cold.

Good luck!
Fill us in with what happens.

Cheers!

·
Registered
139 Posts
It could just be a close to dead battery and the car is freaking out.
Most likely just due to the cold wherever you're located. I would disconnect the battery and/or jump the car and see if it will run.

Cars do all kinds of weird things when a battery cell goes out or the CCA can't achieve a start due to the cold.

Good luck!
Fill us in with what happens.

Cheers!
I'd start with the battery as well. Mine literally would do, or not do, random things as my battery was dying. It finally gave up and wouldn't start and my headlights would flicked on and off for a few. Sync would turn on and off several times, etc.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Side note, if you replace the battery it could be a good idea to reset the BCM at the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts