Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted the Triple R Composites Front Spoiler for my ST, so I jumped on one during the recent sale. I started to buy the "Blemished" one to try and save a few bucks (only $20), but I thought for $20 I'd rather have a one without blemishes and won't have to paint (as I wanted it black anyway).

So it arrived today and it has six blemishes on it that will require painting it to correct them. Also the center part is duller (than the rest of it) and shows signs of someone wiping it back and forth across the part and dulling the gloss finish. I tried to wax it out with a quality wax that's safe for fiberglass, and it shined up a little, but not like the rest of it. This is all observed inside under regular incandescent lighting....... I might pass out if I looked at this thing under fluorescent lighting or sunlight.

It wouldn't have been as bad if I hadn't called them and inquired about the "Blemished" one as compared to the "Non-blemished" ones before I ordered. I was told the non blemished ones had imperfections, but not ones that are visible after installed on the car. Five (of the six) blems on this one are out on the front edge that are absolutely going to be seen after installing. One even looks like a hairline crack in the fiberglass.

So the moral of the story is..... 1. Go with your gut instinct (I should have bought the blemished one since I'm going to have to prep and paint now anyway), and 2. If you order one of these, expect to fix imperfections that WILL be seen.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
that stinks. Same goes with like the $500 fiberglass hoods. You think that for $500 freaking dollars it would be perfect but I've never seen an aftermarket hood come in period, that didn't require body filler on an edge somewhere to fix the crappy finish in at least one spot.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
That sucks, especially since they have the option of saving money on a blemished piece, you would really expect the more expensive ones to be near perfect. Let us know how repainting goes and don't forget to post pics once it is installed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
that stinks. Same goes with like the $500 fiberglass hoods. You think that for $500 freaking dollars it would be perfect but I've never seen an aftermarket hood come in period, that didn't require body filler on an edge somewhere to fix the crappy finish in at least one spot.
You hit the nail on the head perfectly..... it's going to take filler to fix three of these blems that are out on the edges of it.

Update: I contacted them and Raffi is being awesome about it. Seems that I may have gotten a blemished one by mistake. FSWerks seems to be a great company, and this post wasn't intended to lay blame on them or harm them. I only posted it to help others understand that these things are obviously not always in the best condition from the manufacturer. Evidently Triple R Composites doesn't have much of a Quality Control department nor any quality standards for their products (or at least very relaxed ones).

Again, when Raffi at FSWerks heard about it, he was contacting me to make it right! That's good customer service!

·
Vendor
482 Posts
Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention Jutod. I really do think you ended up with a blemished front splitter by mistake. We somehow marked yours wrong after inspecting it. Again sorry about this and we will make it right for you :eek:

You hit the nail on the head perfectly..... it's going to take filler to fix three of these blems that are out on the edges of it.

Update: I contacted them and Raffi is being awesome about it. Seems that I may have gotten a blemished one by mistake. FSWerks seems to be a great company, and this post wasn't intended to lay blame on them or harm them. I only posted it to help others understand that these things are obviously not always in the best condition from the manufacturer. Evidently Triple R Composites doesn't have much of a Quality Control department nor any quality standards for their products (or at least very relaxed ones).

Again, when Raffi at FSWerks heard about it, he was contacting me to make it right! That's good customer service!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Final Update:

I've never purchased from FSWerks before, but I'm glad I did in the long run. It all worked out, as I must have gotten a blemished one by mistake. They were so helpful I even bought more stuff in the long run. The customer service was great!

I'm off to get this thing on the car. I'll try to post some pics one day.

Thanks FSWerks for great products and service!

·
Vendor
482 Posts
We received more splitters in today :D and anyone signed up to our email notification should have an email about this.
Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts