Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in TB Performance's thread a picture with their strut tower bar and someone with a TS FoST had cut out the top perch so that the camber plate on their strut was visible and accessible. Does anyone know whose that is or have insight on how it was done? I think I could handle getting that chunk out and sealing the area cut, but I'd like to have some insight before working on it.

Anyone? Bueller?

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you have the TB bar, just get the right sized hole saw (for a handheld drill) I believe its 3". Catch the debris with a rag or something. I believe you could just cut it out with the strut still installed. Im going to do it in the near future too. The bar plates act as a guide

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have the TB bar, just get the right sized hole saw (for a handheld drill) I believe its 3". Catch the debris with a rag or something. I believe you could just cut it out with the strut still installed. Im going to do it in the near future too. The bar plates act as a guide
That's what I was thinking of doing. Adjusting camber is annoying right now with the extra material in there.

Stupid.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Anyone proceed with this yet?
My garage is still not finished, so I can't work on my car yet... But hopefully within the month.
From the pictures that I recall seeing, the 3" hole may still be on the small side... So I'm wondering if additional grinding might be in order.

CrashMW

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
3 inch hole, sand the edges down and hit it with some quick spray paint to make sure no rust can get the bare metal. A handful of people have done this, if you check out the YCW pre-order thread towards the end there should be some info from people who have.

Reactions: lolubeenpwned

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts