Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT:
So, it looks like I've got myself an ST2, and that's great because the dealership told me it was an ST1 and had it priced as such. Thanks for the help, guys!

Hi everyone,

I'm a new Focus owner as of this week! I bought used and was told that the 2016 I got was an ST1. I am starting to doubt that, but would like confirmation. I have read as many trim level spec sheets as I can find, but still can't nail down the version I have due to overlap in the options.

I have the following options:

1. Power moonroof
2. Recaro partial leather seats
3. HIDs
4. Blue footwell LEDs
5. Touchscreen with Sync 3
6. Ford Racing exhaust

It seems that some of the options I have are only available on ST3, but others that should be standard for that trim level, I do not have (like full leather Recaros). Just curious which level this car is so I don't go saying something that is incorrect while at a meetup.

I have attached several pics for reference.

Thanks in advance for any help. Glad to be a part of the community!

JC

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can remember off the top of head, there is a website when you entet your vin #, it will tell you what you have and the options as it left the asmy line. As well the build date.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ford moved some of the options around after a few years.

The early cars had HID along with full leather recaros only available on ST3 (equipment group 202a).

In '15 or so, they moved the HIDs down to the ST2 (group 201a).

I believe you have an ST2 / 201a.

·
Registered
213 Posts
No heated steering wheel, so ST2.
winner winner.
my wife really didn't like this car until day 1 of ownership she went outside and fired it up heated wheel/seat. 30 seconds later comfortable on a 40 degree day

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Easiest way to tell is by the seat. Sport seats are ST1. Partial leather Recaro seats are ST2. Full leather Recaro seats are ST3. Unless someone swaps seats these are not options for the different packages.

Sent from another garage.
this is the simplest and most accurate way to figure it out(unless as also mentioned, the previous owner swapped seats). some of the options changed with the face lift, the seats have not.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sounds like you got your answer, but here's the website that was previously mentioned for you to get the full info sheet on your car: https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Funny thing though, I can't find anywhere on that page where it says which package it is be it ST1/ST2/ST3 or 401a/402a/403a. Either way, lots of interesting info. My favorite are the scheduled maintenance sheets. I keep a Google Docs spreadsheet with a sheet for my order details, one for my mods, one for my scheduled maintenance, then I'll be adding yearly inspections using the Ford approved inspection sheet as well as any additional items I feel the need to add.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts