Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm past the point of no return. I loosened the V clamp and it seems it's stuck. I'm under the car (jack stands & rhino ramps), how can I unstick the clamp, as there isn't a whole lotta' room underneath.

·
Administrator
11,920 Posts
Well I'm past the point of no return. I loosened the V clamp and it seems it's stuck. I'm under the car (jack stands & rhino ramps), how can I unstick the clamp, as there isn't a whole lotta' room underneath.
Take the nut all the way off, and dont loose it.

Then take a hammer and a large flat head, or pry bar, and start tapping at it to break it loose. You dont want to deform the clamp, but you do want to break the seal.

PB blaster is a good call, wear safety glasses too!!!

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give that a try. I Kano Kroiled the hell out of it, hopefully that'll help break it loose.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Got it to break loose, now I'm having a helluva time trying to get the downpipe out. That damn Mountune muffler is the size of a torpedo! Looks like I'm going to have to take all those annoying fiber-esque underpanels off so I can get the cross member/brace looking thing off. Wow, this is turning into a real PITA! To top it off, the shop that installed the Mountune catback, torqued the flange so tight one of the bolts snapped off while I was unbolting it. Keeping in mind I'm using a box end and ratchet, Oy!!!!
Ran out of daylight, I'll have to resume tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts