Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Focus models with automatic transmissions have had problems in the past. Have those same problems effected the ST models?

I sure hope not.

Any input would be great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I heard it was only the automatics. Nothing that I know about with ST models.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
When I was at STOA they had a couple cars that the syncros for second gear were shot..... and I've heard this can be a problem and it usually happens with second gear. But I'm sure there are others here that have more experience and info than I do......

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's a completely different design and manufacturer for the automatic transmission in the regular focus than what is in the Focus ST. Apples and oranges.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to the forums, but I definitely had some issues with my 2016 ST. The synchros in 2nd 3rd and sometimes 4th would end up popping the gear out of place, by the time I decided to take it to the dealership I had to literally hold them in place. Took it to ford and they had no clue what happened and ended up replacing the entire transmission and sent the other back to get it looked at. Good thing it was still under warranty because that would've been a pretty penny...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yes the MMt6 for ST is junk i have whole thread on my problems. Im on my third. I bought a 4 which i have upgraded synchros. There is also mfactory starting synchros for it as well. Most of the issues were with 2013 to 2014 trans.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yes the MMt6 for ST is junk i have whole thread on my problems. Im on my third. I bought a 4 which i have upgraded synchros. There is also mfactory starting synchros for it as well. Most of the issues were with 2013 to 2014 trans.
MFACTORY has synchros now too? I'm keeping the ST again so I'm curious lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Autocross with my 2014 regularly it also has a hitch and trailer when I need it(rarely). I have not had any trans issues and have not seen any local STs with trans problems (3 cars).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts