Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some research for compatible transmissions/transaxles and noticed several part numbers from Fordparts.com to choose from. Is there a difference in transmissions (US) between years? Say 2013 vs 2014 vs 2015, etc…

Bottom line is I want to know if a 2013/2014 transaxle would work in my 2015.
LONG list from FordParts.com site lists the following:

CV6Z-7002-B (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6)

CV6Z-7002-B (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6)
CV6Z-7002-C (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6)

CV6Z-7002-C (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6)
CV6Z-7002-D (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6)

G1FZ-7002-A (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6 Speed Manual TR/AX - MMT6 (+) "CDN/MEX/PR/USA" 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6)
G1FZ-7002-A (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6 Speed Manual TR/AX - MMT6 Output Shaft 1 (+) "CDN/MEX/PR/USA" 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6)
G1FZ-7002-A (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 (+) "CDN/MEX/PR/USA" 6 Speed Manual TR/AX - MMT6)
G1FZ-7002-A (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 Output Shaft 2 (+) "CDN/MEX/PR/USA" 6 Speed Manual TR/AX - MMT6)

G1FZ-7002-A (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6 Speed Manual TR/AX - MMT6 (+) "CDN/MEX/PR/USA" 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6)
G1FZ-7002-A (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6 Speed Manual TR/AX - MMT6 Output Shaft 1 (+) "CDN/MEX/PR/USA" 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6)
G1FZ-7002-A (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 (+) "CDN/MEX/PR/USA" 6 Speed Manual TR/AX - MMT6)
G1FZ-7002-A (Manual Transaxle Assembly 6-Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 Output Shaft 2 (+) "CDN/MEX/PR/USA" 6 Speed Manual TR/AX - MMT6)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are the same physical transmission for all years. Only thing that was changed was the mount from 13 to Mid 14 for clutch line. They changed the way it routes because the line is a little shorter

2013-2018 Focus ST Transmission Mounts | Steeda Autosports
They are the same physical transmission for all years. Only thing that was changed was the mount from 13 to Mid 14 for clutch line. They changed the way it routes because the line is a little shorter

2013-2018 Focus ST Transmission Mounts | Steeda Autosports
Sorry to resurrect an old post. I can start a new thread if needed. This information was useful to me. Do you know if the internals are all the same? I have a 2014 with the common failing 2nd gear at 60k. I have a wrecked 2017 that has 17 on it. The mounts on the transmission case are broken. I would like to just swap the guts out of the 17 damaged case transmission into my 14. If it truly is just a clutch line difference on the interchange years this should be possible from what I am gathering. Is this correct? Thank you for your posts!

·
Administrator
12,964 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old post. I can start a new thread if needed. This information was useful to me. Do you know if the internals are all the same? I have a 2014 with the common failing 2nd gear at 60k. I have a wrecked 2017 that has 17 on it. The mounts on the transmission case are broken. I would like to just swap the guts out of the 17 damaged case transmission into my 14. If it truly is just a clutch line difference on the interchange years this should be possible from what I am gathering. Is this correct? Thank you for your posts!
Yes the internals are the same. The clutch line difference is an internal restrictor, the clutch lines all connect the same and are interchangable. Upgrading to a SS line removes this restrictor and makes the clutch buttery smooth to operate.

The only other difference is the shift tower vent. The 15+ have a dangling vent off a piece of hose, while the older trans just have a little check valve hard mounted.

None of these differences prevent you from interchanging parts.

Right now, i have 18' internals and shift tower, in a 14' case.

You'll want to upgrade synchros while you have the trans apart. Would be a great time to install a LSD as well. Theres plenty of threads on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts