Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a trailer hitch to a FoST? There is a Curt 11431 in the US designed specifically for 2013-2018 models but I can't find anyone to deliver to AU or an alternative here. Is there a local alternative?

I only want to fit a bike carrier, not actually towing, getting a bit sick of the back of my car getting muddy after a day out mountain biking (and that's with putting a tarp down).

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have it. Don't know how you get one in AU without paying a fortune in shipping, but it works really well. Only issue I had was that the receiver is a little high, so I got a pair of 3/8" aluminum plates to mount between the frame rails and the hitch to drop it down and that makes it about perfectly flush with the bottom of the bumper cover. Drops the exhaust a little of course, but it's only noticeable if you look for it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I also have it installed. I haven't used it yet however. I just went to go use it today the hitch I had wouldn't go in far enough for the pain to go through. I have a Euro style ball hitch coming Tuesday. So later this week I'll be towing a 4 1/2 by 8 ft trailer with an ATV on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have it. Don't know how you get one in AU without paying a fortune in shipping, but it works really well. Only issue I had was that the receiver is a little high, so I got a pair of 3/8" aluminum plates to mount between the frame rails and the hitch to drop it down and that makes it about perfectly flush with the bottom of the bumper cover. Drops the exhaust a little of course, but it's only noticeable if you look for it.
Yep, lots of people around with one, just not in AU which is why I posted in the AU part of the forum.

I thought it came with spacers to lower the exhaust, did you put extra spacers in?

From carid.com, $135.56 for the hitch plus $318.46 for shipping. Can't justify that.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yep, lots of people around with one, just not in AU which is why I posted in the AU part of the forum.

I thought it came with spacers to lower the exhaust, did you put extra spacers in?

From carid.com, $135.56 for the hitch plus $318.46 for shipping. Can't justify that.

Mine did come with spacers. And the hitch itself is a spacer.I ended up only using the spacer on one side and it was enough with my cat back. If I use them on both sides the tips were crooked.

·
Registered
584 Posts

D'oh! Didn't notice it was an AU forum. Anyway, mine didn't come with spacers. Without spacers, it drops the exhaust something like 3/8-1/2", which wasn't quite enough. I could still get the bike carrier in the receiver, but I didn't like how it pushed up on the bumper cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts