Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I knew this day would eventually come. I've traded the Focus for this sexy beast.

Yup, less than 100 whp for sure, 5 speed and vtec. I drive 113 miles a day and this handles it like a champ. 35 bucks for 500+ miles weekly, you can't beat that. So stickers and an exhaust and I'll be golden. Lol. Oh before I forget, when I traded it in I meant the ST is not my daily driver anymore, I just drive it on the weekends now.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Need me a beater like that so I don't rack up miles on the FoST. How much did you grab this beast for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zeek

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
1800 greenbacks, my car had 29k in July of last year, by March of this year it was at 50k. I was killing the fost

Yeah, I put on slightly less than you at ~62 a day for work only, if I do any other running after work it just tallies more. Bought the car July 30 of 2016 with 15,300 miles. Changed the oil for the 3rd time again yesterday at 36,000. At this rate between weekly gas expenditure, expensive tires (I REALLY don't want to eat my expensive Super Sports faster than I need to..which currently they should last 2 summers per set), and just overall wear on my car it's going to be an expensive car. Fun as all get out so I still love it more than anything, I just hate the wallet hit. I'd love to use income tax next year coupled with my savings and get a nice beater. The only reason I don't have a beater yet is because in the short time I've owned it I've paid it 48% off and I can finish it off next year if I DON'T get a beater car D:

Reactions: Zeek

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I put on slightly less than you at ~62 a day for work only, if I do any other running after work it just tallies more. Bought the car July 30 of 2016 with 15,300 miles. Changed the oil for the 3rd time again yesterday at 36,000. At this rate between weekly gas expenditure, expensive tires (I REALLY don't want to eat my expensive Super Sports faster than I need to..which currently they should last 2 summers per set), and just overall wear on my car it's going to be an expensive car. Fun as all get out so I still love it more than anything, I just hate the wallet hit. I'd love to use income tax next year coupled with my savings and get a nice beater. The only reason I don't have a beater yet is because in the short time I've owned it I've paid it 48% off and I can finish it off next year if I DON'T get a beater car D:
I'm doing the same, paying extra every month but I want to keep the most value that I can because I really do want an Rs. I shopped around last weekend but on the finance area I didn't feel comfortable with some numbers I was given so Ima wait till November/December time and give it another shot. The good things on weekends I love the ST even more. Feels like a brand new toy lol

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I'm doing the same, paying extra every month but I want to keep the most value that I can because I really do want an Rs. I shopped around last weekend but on the finance area I didn't feel comfortable with some numbers I was given so Ima wait till November/December time and give it another shot. The good things on weekends I love the ST even more. Feels like a brand new toy lol

A big thing with me is honestly gonna be dealing with losing creature comforts. Driving my beater I'll lose the Bluetooth audio, climate control, cool factor, ability to play a little on the highway, fun factor, etc. And that's gonna SUCK. I just gotta tell myself that it's worth it to save my car for so many more years. Even if I only drive my ST to work maybe on Fridays each week it'll last probably twice as long in terms of years/wear. It's something I need to do. Plus, BT sounds much more possible when it isn't my daily.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A big thing with me is honestly gonna be dealing with losing creature comforts. Driving my beater I'll lose the Bluetooth audio, climate control, cool factor, ability to play a little on the highway, fun factor, etc. And that's gonna SUCK. I just gotta tell myself that it's worth it to save my car for so many more years. Even if I only drive my ST to work maybe on Fridays each week it'll last probably twice as long in terms of years/wear. It's something I need to do. Plus, BT sounds much more possible when it isn't my daily.
Lol, I don't drive with my windows down because I feel like I'm being looked at by everyone. I have zero power to overtake anything. Guys in Si's and wrx pick on me. I'm buying an aux cable so I can use my phone. It sucks, I'm not going to lie but in the past 3 weeks I've put 140 miles on the ST. From 2k plus miles a month to 200 is a big difference.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Lol, I don't drive with my windows down because I feel like I'm being looked at by everyone. I have zero power to overtake anything. Guys in Si's and wrx pick on me. I'm buying an aux cable so I can use my phone. It sucks, I'm not going to lie but in the past 3 weeks I've put 140 miles on the ST. From 2k plus miles a month to 200 is a big difference.

Yeah man can't beat that! If I can get a good deal on a half decent vehicle with close to 200hp that would be awesome. I'd also LOVE if there was an option to get an AWD vehicle, but that eliminates MPG and limits me to basically Subaru. Which are disgustingly overpriced. Ugh. I continue to dream hahaha

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was originally planning on getting an Si or wrx between 04-06 but all were in the 5-7k and I just didn't want to spend that kind of money on something that Ima driving right into the ground.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good buy!

My wife has a '05 EX Auto that she got brand new that I've started driving to work recently. My commute is only 22 miles each way, but in Houston traffic it takes an hour. I'm glad to swap out with her during the week, and the MPG is 32-34 without trying.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Nice work car there. I have an '07 Mazda 6s (unfortunately an auto trans), that I've owned since '09. It's now my work/winter/beater car. My FoST only goes out on weekends, or occasionally during the week for non work activities. The odd thing is that I bought a used set of snowflakes, and a set of winter performance tires, even though I hardly drove the FoST during the winter months.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good buy!

My wife has a '05 EX Auto that she got brand new that I've started driving to work recently. My commute is only 22 miles each way, but in Houston traffic it takes an hour. I'm glad to swap out with her during the week, and the MPG is 32-34 without trying.
Even with aggressive driving I still get 28+mpg. With my ST on e30 I get about 15mpg. Miami traffic is no joke.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice work car there. I have an '07 Mazda 6s (unfortunately an auto trans), that I've owned since '09. It's now my work/winter/beater car. My FoST only goes out on weekends, or occasionally during the week for non work activities. The odd thing is that I bought a used set of snowflakes, and a set of winter performance tires, even though I hardly drove the FoST during the winter months.
I do the now too, it felt good to know that my ST is running at most 300 miles a month

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
My ST is my beater car; I try to keep the miles off of my M3. Not that it is that hard since it has been on jack stands since last July. I do drive 48 miles one way to work every day. I only got it back in September and I should hit 17k miles this week. My only complaint is that it needs a bigger fuel tank and better seats.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Not sure why some people need a beater. Just drive the ST. It's not a collectors car and resale value won't be great no matter what the mileage. I've got 113k on mine. Still drives and performs great! It's a fun car....drive it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Not sure why some people need a beater. Just drive the ST. It's not a collectors car and resale value won't be great no matter what the mileage. I've got 113k on mine. Still drives and performs great! It's a fun car....drive it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Some of us, for financial reasons or maybe just personal preference, want the car to last more than a few years before they have to replace it. Or they want it to last more than a few years before they have to do serious service on it. At this rate my car will last probably less than 8 years before it's over 200k. If I get a beater than that's less wrenching and easily over 10 years of life and fun. Unless I move closer to work I don't want to put so many miles on it that way it lasts a lot longer and I can go longer without a car payment to save/pay for a house/etc.

Those owners who make much more money than the rest of us though, they can treat it like a fun little beater car no problem I'm sure.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah that's not true, a buddy of mine just traded in his ST2 with 41k and they gave him 14.5k. I've seen on here and online 100k plus ST go for less than 10k. I'm sorry but that's a difference of more money coming out of my pocket to get a new car or the car paying itself.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
i have a "beater" its faster than my ST..LOL but the ST is my DD as it gets twice the fuel economy. Mt ST is a much nicer vehicle than my 91 chevy truck though so the truck has to be called the beater

1 - 20 of 30 Posts