Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
How are you liking the ST so far? How’s it daily drive & hows the throttle response? I’m back & forth on an ST or RS. Not sure with our economy if I want to spend 32k vs. 18k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dare say most of us had that dilemma on our journey to the ST. For me, if I’m paying mid 30s I’ll wait to find a used GT350 and jump on that for a bit more. Clean, lightly optioned ones with still low miles can be as low the mid 40s since the GT500 came out ?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I see a car with low mileage (under 30k) and multiple owners. Like what is going with that car or people where they can't keep a car longer longer than a few thousand miles???

I here you... I just called on a Focus RS last week. It’s a 2017 & 16k miles with 3-owners shown on its carfax. WTF? That can’t be good on the transmission. I see multiple owners all the time on ST’s. It’s a difficult question to answer but some of that might be due to the average age-range of guys buying these cars? IDK....

·
Registered
500 Posts
When I was looking a few years ago, the RS was just about twice the price of an ST, and for my purposes was over-overkill for a commuter car, and I couldn't justify it. I still drool over RS's when I see them, but I like the ST too, and I don't feel like I overspent for my budget.

·
Registered
470 Posts
When I was looking a few years ago, the RS was just about twice the price of an ST, and for my purposes was over-overkill for a commuter car, and I couldn't justify it. I still drool over RS's when I see them, but I like the ST too, and I don't feel like I overspent for my budget.

That’s pretty much me as well. I realize that the RS is overkill for daily driving to work, but it’s just such a sexy looking car that I can’t help but want one. Don’t get me wrong though, the ST looks amazing as well. 2018 ST1 with under 15k miles right now is about 19k vs. 32k for a non-abused low mileage RS. My goodness, 13-14k more? Like you said, that’s almost double the cost for a similar looking car...... I’m struggling with it because I know the ST is enough & will get better fuel economy etc.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts