Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone here traded this car in at Toyota of Rockwall recently. I'd like to get some history on this car if you're on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
I love the white ST. How’s the CARFAX look? I’m keeping an eye on the used market & seeing where prices go over the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carfax isn't the greatest. 4 owners in 46,000 miles. 20, 5,968, 18,300, and 25,768. Accident reported on 10/15/2015. "Vehicle Not Damaged", whatever that means.

Dealership is putting new tires on, and aligning it. Where I get concerned is the fact that the muffler has been removed. Dealership is putting one on. There's also a carbon fiber "ST" shifter knob, a clue that there was at least one "enthusiast" behind the wheel at some point. I'm wondering just how badly this car has been beat on.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I’m actually surprised a major dealership would even put forth the money & effort to put it back to stock. Typically, they will just send modified vehicles straight to an auction. I’ll be honest, if it were me I’d avoid a 4-owner turbo car, especially since the economy isn’t looking good in the upcoming months & there will be some good deals on non-abused ST’s.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Btw, is it me or does the offset on that front wheel appear to be sticking out a little more than normal? You said they’re changing the tires, so I wonder if they’re the standard 235/40/18s?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's probably got spacers on it. It wouldn't surprise me if I were to have them hook it up, that they'd find a tune on it. I think I'm going to be backing out of this one.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I've moved on to this one. View attachment 377983

I prefer the snowflakes but that looks very nice. I never understood how dealers come up with their prices. $17,481? Lol just offer them $17,000. If it’s not local however, you’ll have to factor in shipping costs & DMW transfers for plates, which can be a pain unless the dealer does it for you.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's just up the road from me, and yes, I plan to offer 17,000. Getting a good price for my trade is always the challenge. Folks keep trying to offer $17.5K, which is not going to happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really want to wheel & deal for this one, but the guy won't re-open his dealership until the Covid lockdown ends. Kinda hard to believe he won't agree to meet one person, stay 6 feet away, and take all the precautions. I'd wear a mask if he wanted me to. ALL the other dealerships around here are operating. This place is literally across the street from my house.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
I really want to wheel & deal for this one, but the guy won't re-open his dealership until the Covid lockdown ends. Kinda hard to believe he won't agree to meet one person, stay 6 feet away, and take all the precautions. I'd wear a mask if he wanted me to. ALL the other dealerships around here are operating. This place is literally across the street from my house.

I like that one better with the snowflakes & window tint. Lockdown will likely be over by May 1st. I mean, at some point our government has to allow people to go back to work, right? Always get the car that you really want, don’t settle. You could always walk over there, do a visual, agree on a price, pending a test-drive, when they re-open. Enthusiasts’s cars will always sell, regardless for how bad our economy gets, so be careful about letting it sit on their lot. You’re not the only one calling or emailing them on that car & there’s always those that will buy it sight-unseen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know it's a bit off topic but I'm always baffled when I see a car with low mileage (under 30k) and multiple owners. Like what is going with that car or people where they can't keep a car longer longer than a few thousand miles??? Good luck on your hunt for an ST.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You could always walk over there, do a visual, agree on a price, pending a test-drive, when they re-open.
Went over there looking for it, but he has it locked in the warehouse. He apologized, but said I don't have anything to worry about, because nobody can buy it right now. Much prefer the snowflakes too, but I can always get a set of those later if I find the right car. There's only two in this area with 20,000-ish, miles, and they're both white thankfully.

·
Registered
402 Posts
How long have they had the car? I got my 2018 ST last spring from a small dealer in Colorado springs who had had the car for almost 40 days when I first sent them an offer (19,500 out the door), and they had it stickered for 21,500. They turned me down (expected), but after a couple weeks wrote me back and said they'd do it for that because it was going to go to auction if they didn't sell it to me.

It only had 7k miles on it, and they told me it was stock, but I later found a 3" catted DP and resonator delete, as well as the grill shutters removed.

It's been a good car for me, gets great mileage, and I paid WAY less than the thing was worth because it was either take a small loss selling it to me (basically paid 17,300 before taxes and stuff), or likely a big loss at auction.

ETA:. I'd been looking for about 4 months by the time I found this one and had taken several on test drives. The best I could find at the price I eventually paid were 2016s with 25k or more miles. Just want to encourage you to not get set on ONE particular car because you lose your negotiating abilities at that point.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know how long the white snowflake ST has been there. There's not a Carfax on it. The one with the five spokes has been at the dealer since January. They started out the list price at 21,000 and have dropped it twice. Just went and looked at it. There's some scrapes on the underside of the chin spoiler, otherwise seems to be in good shape. I would hope so at 21,000 miles. They did put some new tires on the back, mismatched brands, now, which I hate. We'll see what they have to say tomorrow.

·
Registered
470 Posts
They’ll sell that five spokes ST for 17k., especially with the current state of our economy. That’s a solid deal for a ‘17 with 23k miles on it. As far as the tires goes, I’d use that as part of the negotiation & let them know you’ll have to buy at least 2 tires, possibly all 4. I also love the Oxford white for daily driving & keeping clean. I’ve heard that the Magnetic Grey is also good with hiding dust.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's my list of possibles, as it stands right now. Waiting to hear back from McKinney VW.
SO wish the guy across the road would meet with me.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts