Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've only had the ST for just shy of a month and its only got 2,2XX miles. I have yet to really give it the beans, however last night the weather was nice and cool and I had a chance to have a little fun from a dig. Car is stage 1 and I just installed the Depo Racing Beast over the weekend. When I launched traction control kicked in through 1st and 2nd. I noticed my max boost was 19.8psi. I usually get 22.4-22.8psi when I just roll into it. Was the loss in boost due to traction control? This morning I rolled into it on the on ramp and saw 22.8psi. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Sounds completely plausible to me, seeing as the CPU makes many changes depending which mode you’re in.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah if you leave traction control turned on and do a pull from a dig it will definitely cut boost when it kicks in. Car feels like a turd with traction control on. I always turn it off lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah if you leave traction control turned on and do a pull from a dig it will definitely cut boost when it kicks in. Car feels like a turd with traction control on. I always turn it off lol
Ill have to turn it off tomorrow on my way to work. I've noticed with the cooler weather we have had, TC kicks in almost anytime I roll into it while in second gear. I only roll in to it to about 1/2 throttle or so. I do have the Stratified stage one tune and I chose aggressive, so full boost comes on quick and low in the RPM range.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It could also be that you are not putting enough load on the engine to reach full boost. I get 19psi in second but am running a big turbo. I get 24-25psi in third and fourth. You need to have your engine loaded to get full boost and that might also be what is restricting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts