Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recieved my traction bat today from TB gotta say fast delivery from them. This wednesday having the traction bar and torque solutions rmm installed.....

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Recieved my traction bat today from TB gotta say fast delivery from them. This wednesday having the traction bar and torque solutions rmm installed.....
I too received both rear and front gusset traction bars, along with a crossmember brace a few days ago. I'll likely wait until spring to install as I've put the ST away for the winter.

I want to test drive the car after installing each of the braces to ensure there are no rattles or other gotchas before installing the remaining braces. I don't want to drive the car with all the salt on the road so they'll most likely sit in my basement for a few months.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I too received both rear and front gusset traction bars, along with a crossmember brace a few days ago. I'll likely wait until spring to install as I've put the ST away for the winter.

I want to test drive the car after installing each of the braces to ensure there are no rattles or other gotchas before installing the remaining braces. I don't want to drive the car with all the salt on the road so they'll most likely sit in my basement for a few months.
Dude good luck with the 21 mm bolts for the cross member brace. I’ve been trying for 2 days to remove those.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had my TB traction bar and torque locations rmm. Wheel hop is almost gone. The torque soltions rmm has no vibration...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Going to buy a tractie bar soon, had a quick look at the installation guide and 1 things looks strange to me (maybe my brain is not function 100% yet)

Torque both bolts down to 110 ft lbs+90* this means that you will torque the bolt to 115 ft lbs and then continue to tighten the bolt another 1/4 turn.
Do I torque to 110 or to 115?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Going to buy a tractie bar soon, had a quick look at the installation guide and 1 things looks strange to me (maybe my brain is not function 100% yet)

Torque both bolts down to 110 ft lbs+90* this means that you will torque the bolt to 115 ft lbs and then continue to tighten the bolt another 1/4 turn.
Do I torque to 110 or to 115?

Just go to a hundred and ten foot pounds and then another 90°. At that high of a torque 5 lb really isn't that much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts