Ford Focus ST Forum banner

241 - 251 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
7400 is fine for a 4 cylinder performance engine.

Sent from my Galaxy S3.
Aware of that logically. But with so many years dealing with the old school SBC v8's its become an ingrained habit. Then again, for a stock ST it doesn't even make sense to come near the stock redline since all of the power is gone by then.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So I was wondering what parts are in that TR3 Test car? I know the upgraded turbo and accessport but what else? Im gonna take a guess and say 3" piping all the way around with a bigger FMIC and CAI. I just want to know so I can be ready to test it next summer on the Autobahn and determine what else I need to buy to get it ready

·
1,976 Posts
I cant imagine what my 7670 efr will be like since u guys test drove it with that turbo lol.. I wanna hear it too
Very laggy with a quick peak top end burst right before you have to shift.....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
So I was wondering what parts are in that TR3 Test car? I know the upgraded turbo and accessport but what else? Im gonna take a guess and say 3" piping all the way around with a bigger FMIC and CAI. I just want to know so I can be ready to test it next summer on the Autobahn and determine what else I need to buy to get it ready
Just our Turbo kit, FMIC, stock exhaust

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh boy!!!! I had to come in here to post about my experience with TR3's bigger turbo ST. The wife, and I had a little free time yesterday, so we planned to take a little trip to TR3. I just needed to see, and feel this ST for myself. On the way there I'm thinking to myself... How much faster can their ST be over mine? For those who don't know I'm running the full stage 3 package from Cobb with Cobb tune. I'm thinking my car is pretty quick, and I'm very happy with it. I'm also very new to the turbo scene, so my knowledge is just not up there yet like most of you, but I'm still learning. Anyway, I pull up to TR3, and notice Chris, one of the owners, which I've also met once before talking to another gentleman with Dent Wizard, who happens to be Chris's uncle. Anyway, Chris, and I shake hands, and start chit chatting.... blah, blah, blah.... all about what we have going on with our ST's. While chatting it struck me that maybe his uncle could take care of a dent that I've had over my door handle since day one that I've had the car? I asked his uncle to check out the dent, and was told that he could take care of it with no problems. Sweet! While Chris's uncle started working on my dent, I bluntly told Chris.... Ok, I need to test this turbo out in your ST. Chris said, keys are in the car, have fun!

The wife, and I both jump in the car, and go down to an almost empty, no traffic street next to the shop. I slow the car down to a complete stop, and made sure both myself, and the wife had our seat belts on. I pushed the clutch in, put the car in first, did a little rev of the engine, released the clutch, and BOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!! We were out like a bat out of ****ing hell! My wife giggling, and hanging tightly to the door panel, and center console all while what seemed to be in slow motion for me saying HOOOOLYYYY F*****K! Pop into 2nd.....3rd.....4th, and 5th this ST ****ing moved! Not only did it move, but the car felt so smooth doing so. I did a couple quick runs up, and down the street with each time my smile getting bigger, and bigger. I knew that I needed to have this turbo kit in my ST, no questions asked. I couldn't drop cash right there, and then because I'm saving for my SEMA trip next month, followed by the wife's birthday, then Christmas for the kids, but coming the beginning of the new year I will have a bigger turbo in my car, and TR3 will have my money! Not only because of how I felt about the power gains in the car, but also because how Chris, and the rest of the staff treated me while I was at the shop. I almost felt as though I was part of the group. Plus what performance shop owner would let anyone that he/she has only met twice give their keys to, and let them take the shop project car out for a test drive? It's unheard of if you ask me.

Chris, if you see this post, it was a great pleasure sir, and thank you! You will have my business, and that's a promise. For those of you who put a deposit down, you're gonna be very pleased with the power gains. For those on the fence about upgrading to a bigger turbo, just jump off already, and do it!

And that was my day at TR3. Oh, and in case you were wondering...... My car is now dent free, lol.

Beard
Hey Beard thats pretty cool man that TR3 is like that. I had a shop back in Green Bay WI I dumped about 13-15k on a mustang and thousands on other rides I had. I needed a tool one time and I thought hey I dumped enough money at that joint they should be cool about me borrowing the tool. I asked, they said yeah we have it but nope I couldn't borrow it. LOL im pretty sure I payed their fricking utility bill for the next 20 years but I couldn't borrow a tool lol. Then it gets better. I give them my brand new ST which I bought back in November to fab up an exhaust and downpipe they wanted to market. they took the car for three weeks while I had to go get a rental car (which they did repay me for it). Finally got the exhaust finished but took it off so they could get moldings of it or whatever its called. Told me they wanted to fab up a FMIC and intake and that I would get all the parts when they were finished because it was cheaper for them to use my car then buy one of their own. I got a new position down in AZ moved and bam no more emails answered lol I never got that exhaust. So that tells what kind of jackwagons run that joint up there. Anyone wants to know what the place is PM me. They are good at what they do but they are jackwagons lol. So anyways thats fricking sweet that TR3 rocks like that. Now only if they had a kit SCT tune friendly ;-)

·
Registered
822 Posts
So guys,

I'm intereste in getting a turbo upgrade sometime in the near future. this had me wondering........

I'm sure to purchase the bolt on kit, i'll have all the hardware and stuff. but what about the tune? will i get a custom tune from you guys?
I'm running Cobb stage 3 now. will i have support from you guys in regards to custom tunes? how about the durability or compatibility of other parts like the fuel pumps, how much will it be affected?

* sorry, just saw your pre order thread and pretty much answered my questions

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
So guys,

I'm intereste in getting a turbo upgrade sometime in the near future. this had me wondering........

I'm sure to purchase the bolt on kit, i'll have all the hardware and stuff. but what about the tune? will i get a custom tune from you guys?
I'm running Cobb stage 3 now. will i have support from you guys in regards to custom tunes? how about the durability or compatibility of other parts like the fuel pumps, how much will it be affected?

* sorry, just saw your pre order thread and pretty much answered my questions
No problem, let me know if you have any others :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
why pay more? cause people can get parts from a trusted vendor rather than some scammer like you and Toni Brown. i should post up pics of the motor you guys built for me and did a piss poor job just to show ppl what kind of work you really do. and how you stole my clutch and catch can.

241 - 251 of 251 Posts