Ford Focus ST Forum banner

221 - 240 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
You guys need to post some vids. It would really spark interest and line up a group of people to buy from you. OCDSpeed is quickly developing their own EFR kit as well, so be the first to post up something tangible for us to see!
We are going back to the dyno this week to get some final adjustments and numbers, will post up pictures and videos, as well as open up the pre-sale once that is complete :)

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
You guys need to post some vids. It would really spark interest and line up a group of people to buy from you. OCDSpeed is quickly developing their own EFR kit as well, so be the first to post up something tangible for us to see!
dont have to worry OCD said he will never sell kits. he will only sell components on a person by person senario.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I honestly don't know if it would or wouldn't fit, we would need to take a look at the sedan and see theres even a chance of it working
ok, let me know. I would be interested in an option for that when I buy your kit. and since other people will be trying to sell their stock turbos, you would be the only company that would have a manifold/adapter for the sedans. Or maybe you could do some kind of trade in program for the stock turbos. just some ideas that i had.

·
Registered
878 Posts
ok, let me know. I would be interested in an option for that when I buy your kit. and since other people will be trying to sell their stock turbos, you would be the only company that would have a manifold/adapter for the sedans. Or maybe you could do some kind of trade in program for the stock turbos. just some ideas that i had.
Skizzo, you're some kind of something man.

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Oh boy!!!! I had to come in here to post about my experience with TR3's bigger turbo ST. The wife, and I had a little free time yesterday, so we planned to take a little trip to TR3. I just needed to see, and feel this ST for myself. On the way there I'm thinking to myself... How much faster can their ST be over mine? For those who don't know I'm running the full stage 3 package from Cobb with Cobb tune. I'm thinking my car is pretty quick, and I'm very happy with it. I'm also very new to the turbo scene, so my knowledge is just not up there yet like most of you, but I'm still learning. Anyway, I pull up to TR3, and notice Chris, one of the owners, which I've also met once before talking to another gentleman with Dent Wizard, who happens to be Chris's uncle. Anyway, Chris, and I shake hands, and start chit chatting.... blah, blah, blah.... all about what we have going on with our ST's. While chatting it struck me that maybe his uncle could take care of a dent that I've had over my door handle since day one that I've had the car? I asked his uncle to check out the dent, and was told that he could take care of it with no problems. Sweet! While Chris's uncle started working on my dent, I bluntly told Chris.... Ok, I need to test this turbo out in your ST. Chris said, keys are in the car, have fun!

The wife, and I both jump in the car, and go down to an almost empty, no traffic street next to the shop. I slow the car down to a complete stop, and made sure both myself, and the wife had our seat belts on. I pushed the clutch in, put the car in first, did a little rev of the engine, released the clutch, and BOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!! We were out like a bat out of ****ing hell! My wife giggling, and hanging tightly to the door panel, and center console all while what seemed to be in slow motion for me saying HOOOOLYYYY F*****K! Pop into 2nd.....3rd.....4th, and 5th this ST ****ing moved! Not only did it move, but the car felt so smooth doing so. I did a couple quick runs up, and down the street with each time my smile getting bigger, and bigger. I knew that I needed to have this turbo kit in my ST, no questions asked. I couldn't drop cash right there, and then because I'm saving for my SEMA trip next month, followed by the wife's birthday, then Christmas for the kids, but coming the beginning of the new year I will have a bigger turbo in my car, and TR3 will have my money! Not only because of how I felt about the power gains in the car, but also because how Chris, and the rest of the staff treated me while I was at the shop. I almost felt as though I was part of the group. Plus what performance shop owner would let anyone that he/she has only met twice give their keys to, and let them take the shop project car out for a test drive? It's unheard of if you ask me.

Chris, if you see this post, it was a great pleasure sir, and thank you! You will have my business, and that's a promise. For those of you who put a deposit down, you're gonna be very pleased with the power gains. For those on the fence about upgrading to a bigger turbo, just jump off already, and do it!

And that was my day at TR3. Oh, and in case you were wondering...... My car is now dent free, lol.

Beard

·
Registered
530 Posts
Wow. Quite the review. How much did TR3 pay you for that?? ;) jk

·
Registered
303 Posts
I can agree with "TheBeard" on this 100% I drove the car on Tuesday, and all I could say is WOW!! Also TR3 is an awesome shop, and I would gladly give them my debit card. Hopefully within the next month I will be running their turbo setup.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I can agree with "TheBeard" on this 100% I drove the car on Tuesday, and all I could say is WOW!! Also TR3 is an awesome shop, and I would gladly give them my debit card. Hopefully within the next month I will be running their turbo setup.
How was the lag compared to a stock turbo?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Minor lag in the begging but after that you are pulling all the way to 7400 rpms with tons of power!! Oh and the sound is amazing! It sounds like a plane LOL

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
My V8 SBC roots tell me 7400rpm is bad. Its become ingrained.

My new LT1's redline is about 7000rpm with peak power coming in the 6500-6700rpm range. Even though I had a shop build it for that it still scares the bejeesus out of me to think of taking the engine that high.

221 - 240 of 251 Posts