Ford Focus ST Forum banner

201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just a quick question. In this quest for more power, how will the rest of the car hold up to the increased power? How much boost can you safely run on this 2.0 ecoboost engine? I know nothing about this engine really, and 20 lbs already seems like a lot. How much power can the transmission handle? The Clutch? The axles? The gears?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Just a quick question. In this quest for more power, how will the rest of the car hold up to the increased power? How much boost can you safely run on this 2.0 ecoboost engine? I know nothing about this engine really, and 20 lbs already seems like a lot. How much power can the transmission handle? The Clutch? The axles? The gears?
We are still discovering what it can handle. Still in infancy. Ford pretty much maxed out the boost on our turbo though. I know that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Will this kit include a fmic or will I have to buy one? I'm looking to buy the cp-e unit but don't want to if it won't work with this

·
Registered
68 Posts
All I want to know is how will this turbo kit effect the Cobb stage 3. Are they compatible like piping sizes and positions? We are still waiting on the release date though

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pretty sure he already said that you would need a new downpipe. but intake will line up...
yep just looked back on the past 2 months and it answered my question.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Larger turbo = less heat. Happy days
Seconded. Only thing I think is there is such a thing as too big of a turbo on the little 2.0L. Still gonna get this TR3 Kit though.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I don't think so but I'm not sure. Even if you could you need alot more things to make it work.
I know I get that. But if I am gonna have a spare intercooler, turbo, and down pipe. then I can fab it all together If someone make an exhaust mani.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Oh I am purchasing an aftermarket FMIC, im just wondering if I will need to get new piping to fit on the new turbo. I just ordered my Roush CAI, when I get back from this deployment in july, i will be getting downpipe, exhaust, and FMIC. THEN hopefully shortly after, the TR3 turbo upgrade :)
Let us know when Roush delivers. I'm boycotting them. They're not a company that deserves business from ST owners.

201 - 220 of 251 Posts