Ford Focus ST Forum banner

TR3 Air Intake System

36K views 107 replies 32 participants last post by  mjesenovec 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, we at TR3 are proud to offer you our CAI system. Let your ST breath a little easier and enjoy the performance gains out of it too.

To place your order PM me or directly at TR3 Performance

Product Benefits

• [*]Made from 4041 aluminum
    [*]Increased throttle response
    [*]Factory OEM fitment
    [*]Dyno proven gains of +/- 8hp/10tq Untuned
    [*]Available polished or powdercoated

Polished $215
Air intake part Auto part Pipe Automotive super charger part

Powdercoated $250
Gloss Black
Air intake part Auto part Vehicle

Wrinkle Black
Air intake part Auto part Pipe Automotive super charger part Muffler

With stock air-box

Without stock air-box

Heres a quick sound clip we put together & dyno graphs!

Text Line Diagram Font Design

Text Line Font Design Diagram

*All TR3 Fabrication items are made to order specifically for that order. As such, items fabricated can take as long as 2 weeks to complete.
Additionally, coating services can take up to 2 weeks until completion.

See less See more
1 7
#13 ·
Uses the factory air box...just leave the top off if want more noise; that would be basically the same as a heat shield...still hot under hood air being drawn into the intake. Personally I like the factory air box and use it sealed up to pull air through the front of the car.

#20 ·
I would like to request more information as well.. size of the tubing, If I want it powder coated in the same color as the Tangerine Scream ST color is that possible? Cost of getting it colored? How much just for the tubing and no filter and is that an option? Cost for shipping to Virginia zip code 22314...
We use a AEM Dryflow filter. AEM Dryflow Air Filters are washable synthetic air filters designed for an optimum combination of air flow, filtration, and performance. AEM Dryflow filters use an innovative high performance oil-free filtration material that allows easy cleaning, durable service, and excellent filtration. Also not many people know this but AEM owns K&N, so the AEM filters resemble them in quality and performance.

Our intake system uses a full 3" piping design

FOCUSonmyST- Yes we can powdercoat it any color. The cost is $35 extra, with a 1-2 week wait time to get it made and coated. We don't sell our kit in pieces sorry "/ Looking at about $13 for shipping

#19 ·
I would like to request more information as well.. size of the tubing, If I want it powder coated in the same color as the Tangerine Scream ST color is that possible? Cost of getting it colored? How much just for the tubing and no filter and is that an option? Cost for shipping to Virginia zip code 22314...

#21 · (Edited)
With that information I think I'm ready to get one sent to me. I'll go to the TR3 website now. Tried to purchase it but your check out page won't take me to the next stage. I'm ready if you can arrange payment for me. Do you accept paypal payment from my bank account?

Are you going to include a free TR3 sticker to slap on my tubing?

#23 ·
Now I can move forward. Payment sent....Be sure to send me the one from the special batch that gives an extra 3 hp. I'm good on the License plate bracket but would definitely like to slap on a say a 3in Red TR3 Performance sticker if you can find one. Thanks for the offer on the lic bracket.

#30 ·
Any idea on when I should expect my intake. It will soon be approaching a month since I placed my order. I know there was a little added time to powder coat but I will be moving in 5 days where I didn't expect the construction and shipping time to take this long. Any updated info or tracking number????

-Bryan T. Dallas Texas

#37 ·
I finally got mine, whewwww. Went to install it and there are no instructions. That's ok as I've dismantled this system before on my regular focus for the k&N setup. One question though. Where does the breather hose that plugs into the back of the stock tube go? There are no holes or mounting area on the TR3 intake tube. I'm sure we don't just leave this open or hanging right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.