Ford Focus ST Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Actually, it is a pretty good piece. Getting it is the problem. I have been running one since it first came out as it was the first to come out and I like it. As far as getting the filter to stay put, I have had no problems. Push the intake tubing into the air box, hold it in place, slide on the filter and tighten it down making sure the clamp is behind the rolled end of the intake tube.
What do you mean by push the tubing into the airbox? The filter only mounts on that little plastic ring inside the airbox, so i'm not sure what i would be "pushing" into it. The filter only has that little lip inside the airbox to mount on.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Best of luck then...

1339646104045.gif

·
Super Moderator
6,583 Posts
What do you mean by push the tubing into the airbox? The filter only mounts on that little plastic ring inside the airbox, so i'm not sure what i would be "pushing" into it. The filter only has that little lip inside the airbox to mount on.
Then your intake is much different than mine. Mine replaces all of the factory tubing. The tubing extends into the air box and the filter clamps to it. I'm guessing when they went from calling it the EFI logics intake, which was sold by TR3, to the TR3 intake they made changes. Sorry to be of no help.

·
Super Moderator
6,583 Posts
Then your intake is much different than mine. Mine replaces all of the factory tubing. The tubing extends into the air box and the filter clamps to it. I'm guessing when they went from calling it the EFI logics intake, which was sold by TR3, to the TR3 intake they made changes. Sorry to be of no help. Here's what mine looks like with the top off of the air box.
001.JPG

·
Registered
240 Posts
Then your intake is much different than mine. Mine replaces all of the factory tubing. The tubing extends into the air box and the filter clamps to it. I'm guessing when they went from calling it the EFI logics intake, which was sold by TR3, to the TR3 intake they made changes. Sorry to be of no help.
OMG i'm so dumb. I just looked at install pics and noticed that the TR3 system does replace ALL the tubing. I don't know why but I just assumed the TR3 tube must mounted to the factory accordion tube attached to the air box. Nevermind then. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,583 Posts
OMG i'm so dumb. I just looked at install pics and noticed that the TR3 system does replace ALL the tubing. I don't know why but I just assumed the TR3 tube must mounted to the factory accordion tube attached to the air box. Nevermind then. :)
Be aware of where you place the clamps where the tubing in coupled. It is possible to have contact with the high pressure fuel pump which when looking at my pic is right below where the forward most clamp is. I had to move mine a bit as the clamp was rubbing on the pump occasionally. Some minor adjustments to the tubing and clamp lifted the tubing up and away from the pump and placed the clamp where if by chance the intake bumped around the silicon connector will contact the pump. It has not been an issue.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good to know, thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well, tried to install the intake this weekend and was unable to. Didn't notice until the install that my box was missing at least one silicone coupler, and at least 3 band clamps. Could not install it at all. Plus, my polished intake tube was scuffed and scratched all over. I just emailed TR3 to coordinate a return/refund. I'll see how this nightmare pans out.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts