Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
A business' reputation was earned on how they conduct business. They didn't get the bad reputation from multiple forums over the years because they do awesome work...

·
Registered
385 Posts
I wonder why they are allowed to continue as a vendor?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sooo...should I be worried about having just ordered a TR3 intake yesterday? I didn't see all this negativity towards the company before I made my purchase.

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Sooo...should I be worried about having just ordered a TR3 intake yesterday? I didn't see all this negativity towards the company before I made my purchase.
Not everyone has had a bad experience...those that have usually voice it more quickly than those who have had a positive experience. I got the intake when it first came out and had no issues and really like it due to being able to use the factory air box and take off the top if I want to hear it.
That being said...your experience may vary in light of more recent events.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well, I got a quick reply back regarding my shipping date. It's going out Monday and I should receive it next week sometime. I can post a follow-up with my experiences. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hope they don't make me wish I had gone with FSWerks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
How's that rock you've been living under?

·
Registered
240 Posts
How's that rock you've been living under?
Lol pretty comfy actually. I honestly never heard of TR3 until yesterday. I've been so busy with work and my new house, I haven't paid much attention to the forums or car stuff for a while. Just recently got a bug to get an intake, and ran across the Intake Thread, and checked out prices from there. Saw one or two posts saying TR3 intake was quality and good price, so I bought it. Then today...i see the negative comments. Oh well. I'll just wait til it comes in hopefully it's a good product. If not, i'll return it and find another option.

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Lol pretty comfy actually. I honestly never heard of TR3 until yesterday. I've been so busy with work and my new house, I haven't paid much attention to the forums or car stuff for a while. Just recently got a bug to get an intake, and ran across the Intake Thread, and checked out prices from there. Saw one or two posts saying TR3 intake was quality and good price, so I bought it. Then today...i see the negative comments. Oh well. I'll just wait til it comes in hopefully it's a good product. If not, i'll return it and find another option.
It's a good product, unless it has changed since December 2012...service may be the issue. Time will tell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Problem is.....their guy is a known scammer whose been banned off of 8 or 9 forums for the same gag.

1. Find niche market (juke, sr20, focus, 350z, frs etc)
2. Make kit (some combo of turbo, pipe, exhaust, intake etc) at suspect price level (very affordable)
3. Get a few out in the wild and there's always some really vocal dude that pops up everywhere talkin about " it's so fast lol zomg unblvble!"
4. Take care of locals to boost credibility
5. Then the screwing starts. There's always an excuse, and for the most part the brainless peckerwoods do his job for him. There's always tons of people that are like " he's just swamped...." "He means well" "he just can't run a business" etc.....but the truth is....he's just wearing people down. Till they literally give up (hennesy did this to people for hundreds of thousands of dollars ....took it to an art form) and walk away.

There will be wrong orders, half orders, returns, he just keeps doing something to give hope, and because of the hyped up stories of a handful of locals the schmucks he gets on the hook stay there "cause if they just hold out he will get around to them cause he's a good guy just sucks at business" .....but he never does....and he wasn't ever gonna. Then they finally go refund! Now! And magically he finds the order....and they're elated....and the day comes....a package on the step.....it's an order alright....someone else's.....and they're back on the hook....He's good at one thing....conning people.

If you're one of the few good stories, lucky you....but buyer be ware.....this guy is an outed scammer across multiple forums since 2001 iirc.

Don't be idiots. Spend a few more dollars and get a reliable product from a reliable shop.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Problem is.....their guy is a known scammer whose been banned off of 8 or 9 forums for the same gag.

1. Find niche market (juke, sr20, focus, 350z, frs etc)
2. Make kit (some combo of turbo, pipe, exhaust, intake etc) at suspect price level (very affordable)
3. Get a few out in the wild and there's always some really vocal dude that pops up everywhere talkin about " it's so fast lol zomg unblvble!"
4. Take care of locals to boost credibility
5. Then the screwing starts. There's always an excuse, and for the most part the brainless peckerwoods do his job for him. There's always tons of people that are like " he's just swamped...." "He means well" "he just can't run a business" etc.....but the truth is....he's just wearing people down. Till they literally give up (hennesy did this to people for hundreds of thousands of dollars ....took it to an art form) and walk away.

There will be wrong orders, half orders, returns, he just keeps doing something to give hope, and because of the hyped up stories of a handful of locals the schmucks he gets on the hook stay there "cause if they just hold out he will get around to them cause he's a good guy just sucks at business" .....but he never does....and he wasn't ever gonna. Then they finally go refund! Now! And magically he finds the order....and they're elated....and the day comes....a package on the step.....it's an order alright....someone else's.....and they're back on the hook....He's good at one thing....conning people.

If you're one of the few good stories, lucky you....but buyer be ware.....this guy is an outed scammer across multiple forums since 2001 iirc.

Don't be idiots. Spend a few more dollars and get a reliable product from a reliable shop.
Thanks for the inside scoop. I have no interest in games. If there are any, I will take it up with paypal, get my money back, and take my business to FSWerks. We shall see! Thanks again. Still, here's hoping for a smooth transaction and a good product.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Thanks for the inside scoop. I have no interest in games. If there are any, I will take it up with paypal, get my money back, and take my business to FSWerks. We shall see! Thanks again. Still, here's hoping for a smooth transaction and a good product.
I had a terrible experience with them. Bought the catless DP, got it, went on a month or so long job, came back to install to find out that the hangers didn't fit and the DP was a tad long. I pm'd them, sent emails, waited and nothing. Turns out that their "internet guy" was fired/quit and that was when the silence started. I ended up paying $20 buck to have the hangers cut and welded into place. 20 bucks is pocket change but it is a matter of principle.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well, I ordered on 4/24 and still don't have my intake. I've been told it shipped last tuesday and I still haven't gotten it. Been told through email and over the phone twice I would get tracking info, never happened. Tried calling again yesterday, no answer. I was told it should have been delivered last Thursday, but never showed up, and I haven't gotten any callbacks that I was promised for more info. *sigh*

Haven't had too great of an experience so far, but hopefully I get an answer soon. If they can't get me my intake soon, I will ask for a refund and go through FSWerks. I should have ordered from them in the beginning. I would have had the intake in hand over a week ago.

·
1,976 Posts
Well, I ordered on 4/24 and still don't have my intake. I've been told it shipped last tuesday and I still haven't gotten it. Been told through email and over the phone twice I would get tracking info, never happened. Tried calling again yesterday, no answer. I was told it should have been delivered last Thursday, but never showed up, and I haven't gotten any callbacks that I was promised for more info. *sigh*

Haven't had too great of an experience so far, but hopefully I get an answer soon. If they can't get me my intake soon, I will ask for a refund and go through FSWerks. I should have ordered from them in the beginning. I would have had the intake in hand over a week ago.
Typical of them to say the least, horrible customer service and just lie after lie from them. Shady business and hopefully people will stay away from them!

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Typical of them to say the least, horrible customer service and just lie after lie from them. Shady business and hopefully people will stay away from them!
I bought one of the first intakes produced back in December 2012; it took several weeks and excuses like UPS didn't pick it up and it got lost in the UPS truck before it was delivered. Things have done nothing but gone down hill since then from what I've seen. Too bad though; I really like the intake.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just hope they pull through and i get a decent product. I just don't have the time to keep contacting them and playing games. If something got messed up in shipping, fine, then fix it. I still have never received tracking info for my order. I spoke to the guy on the phone twice, and was promised he would either email me tracking info or call me back in 10 minutes, and neither happened. Things happen in shipping, i get it. But after sending 2 emails and calling 4 times, i have ZERO answers, ZERO details, have no idea when i will get my intake, and have experienced ZERO effort to help me or fix my problem.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I bought one of the first intakes produced back in December 2012; it took several weeks and excuses like UPS didn't pick it up and it got lost in the UPS truck before it was delivered. Things have done nothing but gone down hill since then from what I've seen. Too bad though; I really like the intake.
If I ever get the intake, i've heard they're good quality, and I'll be happy. I'll just rock it and make it a point to never order from them again. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional company before. I shouldn't have to call multiple times and still be without any information after 2 weeks for something i've already paid for. They have my money, and I have nothing. This isn't how this is supposed to work.

·
1,976 Posts
I just hope they pull through and i get a decent product. I just don't have the time to keep contacting them and playing games. If something got messed up in shipping, fine, then fix it. I still have never received tracking info for my order. I spoke to the guy on the phone twice, and was promised he would either email me tracking info or call me back in 10 minutes, and neither happened. Things happen in shipping, i get it. But after sending 2 emails and calling 4 times, i have ZERO answers, ZERO details, have no idea when i will get my intake, and have experienced ZERO effort to help me or fix my problem.
I have dealt with poor customer service like this from another company in the past and truth is if they can't produce a tracking number (after said shipping) then it didn't ship plain and simple. They are buying time so you get off of them for either being lazy or just plain not caring imho. Good luck!

·
Registered
376 Posts
So.... if these guys are scammers and piss poor people.. why are they still recognized as vendors here... get with the program people.

Banhammer!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
So.... if these guys are scammers and piss poor people.. why are they still recognized as vendors here... get with the program people.

Banhammer!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk
I asked this a couple of weeks ago with no response.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts