Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious if this is normal tw steer or i have front end issues.. stage 2 strat tune i weave under power.. i feel tq steer would pull to one side.

Damond rmm and fswerks traction bar on the car too

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Completely normal, tires will help that a lot also. If you are getting slight slip from the tires they are fighting each other. When my Michelin PSS are new torque steer is at a minimum but as the heat cycle and loose grip it's gets worse.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The "weave" comes from you trying to counter the torque steer before the car does. This adds up to overcompensation and you end up "weaving". A tight grip and learning to manually compensate less reduces this.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Completely normal, tires will help that a lot also. If you are getting slight slip from the tires they are fighting each other. When my Michelin PSS are new torque steer is at a minimum but as the heat cycle and loose grip it's gets worse.
:whs: Since you already have a RMM and Traction bar, tires and suspension mods are all you got left, but being a torque monster we will always have SOME torque steer. Just be glad it isn't as bad as a Mazdaspeed 3 or Neon SRT4.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
The "weave" comes from you trying to counter the torque steer before the car does. This adds up to overcompensation and you end up "weaving". A tight grip and learning to manually compensate less reduces this.
I've noticed this also, either "fight it" less and give the car a moment to fix it for you, or disable stability control (press and hold the ESC/Sport mode button for 3 seconds) and fight it manually yourself without the cars help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the input guys. I will be getting tires and the other 2 mounts from damond aswell. first fwd car haha

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So looked over the front end and with a buddy we realized my two side motor mounts are pretty much toast. Looks like its motor mount time. I know the damond ones are amazing but very many monies.. whats the difference between them an JBR who is rated highly too

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
The problem I have with MI asphalt roads are the stupid ruts...It's like riding waves
That's my biggest problem, there will be lines, cracks or raised filled spots and when you roll over them your car will follow them like it's on rails...

But as to the weaving, when you give it the beans, the car will pull one way, then a split second later you counter steer to get it back going straight, then when you let off your still trying to steering into the TQ so it then goes back the other way for a split second until you either re-correct and get back into the gas. Just the nature of most FWD cars when a lot of torque is added (unless you have a magical type R...)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Have you checked out the turbotech passenger and driver side mounts? I have the PSMM and love it coupled with the Mountune RMM. I haven't done the transmission (driver) side mount and probably won't bother at this point as I feel that the engine is mounted perfectly for me.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Yup totally normal. I almost learned that the hard way when boosting in a turn. Won’t be doing that again. :doh:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Yup totally normal. I almost learned that the hard way when boosting in a turn. Won’t be doing that again. :doh:
I think we've all done that ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts