Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do the majority of you do when ordering new wheels, do you shell out the extra money for tpms rebuilds, or do you just reuse the sensors on the stock wheels and sell your old set without sensors? And just curious if anyone just says screw it and lets their dash warning light on to save money. I know one of the online tire and wheel companies warned about long term use without your tpms can degrade your valve and cause a leak, i wonder if thats really true or not?

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
What do the majority of you do when ordering new wheels, do you shell out the extra money for tpms rebuilds, or do you just reuse the sensors on the stock wheels and sell your old set without sensors? And just curious if anyone just says screw it and lets their dash warning light on to save money. I know one of the online tire and wheel companies warned about long term use without your tpms can degrade your valve and cause a leak, i wonder if thats really true or not?
Nothing will degrade without the sensor attached to it so don't worry about that. But you can actually use the FOCCCUS app to disable the TPMS so the light doesn't come on at all even without having the TPMS installed (I've done it for some guys in town that use their ST's on the track and have a different set of wheels for it). With that being said if it is a normal street driven car I'd recommend keeping the TPMS system in tact as it is a good safety feature. I'd say most people use their same sensors and just swap them over to the new wheels.

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Buy new sensors on eBay. Pretty sure I paid less than $50 for a set of 4 new Motorcraft TPMS sensors when I bought my second set for my summer wheels.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing will degrade without the sensor attached to it so don't worry about that. But you can actually use the FOCCCUS app to disable the TPMS so the light doesn't come on at all even without having the TPMS installed (I've done it for some guys in town that use their ST's on the track and have a different set of wheels for it). With that being said if it is a normal street driven car I'd recommend keeping the TPMS system in tact as it is a good safety feature. I'd say most people use their same sensors and just swap them over to the new wheels.
focccus app huh with three c's cool i will check it out thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buy new sensors on eBay. Pretty sure I paid less than $50 for a set of 4 new Motorcraft TPMS sensors when I bought my second set for my summer wheels.
Wow thats considerably cheaper than the 168$ price on tire rack thanks for that alternative idea!

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also found a new set of 4xTPMS on eBay for 33.60 shipped. They are genuine Motorcraft parts as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Few pics if anyone was curious

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts