Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know where I can get some touch up paint for my OEM Rado Gray wheels (2017 ST if that matters)? Or does any one know a paint code and an online seller who can make some up for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hard to find a touchup that matches closely. There appears not to be a paint code. I ordered a touch-up kit from a seller in the UK which was certainly of good quality, but the color was off a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to find a touchup that matches closely. There appears not to be a paint code. I ordered a touch-up kit from a seller in the UK which was certainly of good quality, but the color was off a bit.

Interesting - what year was your ST? have a link to the seller? How far off are we talking?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Volvo Anthracite 932 is about as good as you're going to find.

That said, there's some serious variation in shade even among batches of Rado grey wheels. I had a 2015 ST and now have a 2016 ST... both with Rado grey wheels but the 16s are absolutely darker than the 15s were. There's a lot of variation so any touch up paint is going to be a crap shoot. I've used the volvo anthracite and it's more than adequate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That said, there's some serious variation in shade even among batches of Rado grey wheels. I had a 2015 ST and now have a 2016 ST... both with Rado grey wheels but the 16s are absolutely darker than the 15s were. There's a lot of variation so any touch up paint is going to be a crap shoot. I've used the volvo anthracite and it's more than adequate.
I guess I got lucky then. I just purchases 2 used Factory Rado Grey snowflakes off a 2018 ST from a local seller to replace two on my 2014 ST that we're a bit chipped (and one possibly bent). Fortunately they are the same shade.:cool:

I also purchased some touch up paint last year from a UK seller on eBay, and though the quality was good, the color just didn't quite match. It was really close; I added some vapor silver Ford paint I had lying around and it worked out ok.

I guess I'm in the minority on these wheels. I really like the design of the snowflakes, especially the darker (Rado Grey) shade. One of the best factory designs ever!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts