·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
101 Posts
We put those on my brother's ST and the poly is very very slick. So slick it allows the reat exhaust section to slide side to side and we havent gotten a good solid mounting spot yet. We still have some adjusting to do to get his MBRP exhaust exit centered up and its being a bit of a pain cause these are so slick. They are very dense bushings though, dont know what the durometer rating is. They should last a lifetime plus survive a nuclear apocalypse.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, so if you have to do it again would you use Torques or spend the extra $10 to get the Cobb?

Sounds like the Cobb exhaust bushings are worth the $10, or am I wrong?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Honestly I didnt see anything wrong with the stock ones.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
They look like they will be exactly like the Cobbs.

I would save your money and order them.

The MAIN reason to even get them is for the front mount, the factory one is like a rubber band and without it my 3" exhaust rubbing from vibrations.
The one I am referring to is the one to the far right in the picture. The one to the far left isn't even included on our car, that is located directly above the rear axle. the mount is there so you can use it, obviously.

·
Registered
101 Posts
And wear gloves when working around the undercar heat shields. There was a trail of blood from my driveway through the garage and into the bathroom from those heatshields.

·
Registered
331 Posts
They look like they will be exactly like the Cobbs.

I would save your money and order them.

The MAIN reason to even get them is for the front mount, the factory one is like a rubber band and without it my 3" exhaust rubbing from vibrations.
The one I am referring to is the one to the far right in the picture. The one to the far left isn't even included on our car, that is located directly above the rear axle. the mount is there so you can use it, obviously.
This!!! I made the mistake of ordering Mountune's hanger kit because it only came with 3 and I thought the one it didn't come with would be the one our car doesnt have but I was wrong. It doesnt come with that very front mount which is probably the WEAKEST mount of all. It really is like a rubber band. Even with all other mounts replaced and that one stock I would get vibrations on decel and idle sometimes. Ordered the Torque Solutions and replaced that front mount and I have no more issues.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know i will have to replace the stock ones. I did with the MBRP catback exhaust on my son's ST because the pipe was heavier than stock and vibrated against the heat shield make a nasty noise.

And the new RS MBRP catback is beefier than the old one. Mountune makes exhaust hangers too.

Long live the king

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes I use them on my Evo and also had them on my previous DD Veloster Turbo.

No issues, except due to what was said above one of the VT's hangers is longer than it needed to be and I would get some side to side movement as it was the last rear hanger I just had to cut a collar and a couple washers to take up the space.

Rock solid on my Evo though, no play anywhere whatsoever

1 - 9 of 9 Posts