Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set Torque Solution shift cable bushings for my car. As soon as they arrived I was ready to install them, but they didn't fit. I didn't think much about it, and just grabbed a step drill bit and made the holes larger. Well as I go to put these in and put the bracket on the car, I notice that the holes in the bushings are way smaller than the diameter of the bolt. So now on to my dilemma. I had to reinstall the stock rubber bushings and metal inserts, but now there is a fair amount of play in the stock bushings. My question is now that I have enlarged the holes in the bracket, should I keep these bushings and drill them out to the proper diameter? Or send these back and buy a new bracket? I'm going to attach a picture of the bushings with a bolt through one of them. The bolt I'm using is one of the ones used to bolt the stock intake into place, which is roughly half the size of the ones used in the shift cable bracket.

20160927_203207.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry to excavate an old post, but I only just came across it.

I just now installed a set of Torque Solutions shifter bracket bushings, and other than the fact that the top and bottom pieces are symmetrical, they fit just fine (using a bit of gasket sealer to keep them in place on the bracket as I reinstalled it).

It looks as though they sent a set of their shift tower bushings. I have those, too.

kgh

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to excavate an old post, but I only just came across it.

I just now installed a set of Torque Solutions shifter bracket bushings, and other than the fact that the top and bottom pieces are symmetrical, they fit just fine (using a bit of gasket sealer to keep them in place on the bracket as I reinstalled it).

It looks as though they sent a set of their shift tower bushings. I have those, too.

kgh
It's all good, haha. I ended up ordering another set sometime last summer from the same vendor I did originally, and received the wrong sized bushings for a second time. At that point I started taking pictures of the incorrect shift cable bracket bushings next to the shifter base (interior) bushings and contacted Torque Solution. After a ton of emails back and forth asking for me to take precise measurements, they sent me the correct sized bushings for the shifter cable bracket. Also, I was worried because I enlarged the holes in shifter cable bracket, so I ordered a new bracket as well, and got them both installed almost a year after receiving the wrong sized bushings.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I just received the Mountune shifter cable bushing today. I'm looking forward to installing them in the near future. I haven't heard anyone say a bad thing after upgrading to a solid shifter cable bushing!

Reactions: Mjf101471

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Mountune solid bushings on mine they feel great but they are a little fiddly to get in and you have to carefully breaking the bushings out of the cable ends without damaging the ball adapter, it also took me several try's to get the torque proper. Too tight they will not move properly. Also I could not get mine on the way they recommended in the instructions, had to torque them while on the shift plate. But in the end i really like them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts