Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Torque Solution RMM in September of last year. Installed it, and was immediately happy with the results. The 1-2 bang/clunk was immediately gone, and wheel hop was greatly reduced. Fast forward to last month when I installed my new downpipe and exhaust. The install went well and I though nothing about it until I went to start the car and heard a sort of clunk. I get back under the car and notice that there is very minimal space between the downpipe hangers and the front subframe, but as it sits they weren't making contact so I left it alone until today. I was working on the car today trying to adjust the downpipe so that it didn't hit the subframe, and I noticed that as I pulled on the downpipe, the engine would move a little bit. So I unbolt everything and pull out the RMM, and it falls out in pieces. The center holes in the bushings are so wallowed out and misshaped that the sleeve that goes between the two just falls out. There is a substantial amount of material missing from one of the bushings, and if you flex it any, you can see that there are multiple cracks in the material as well.

I'm not trying to knock Torque Solution, because I have owned a few of their other parts for the last couple of years, and have not had any issues until lately. Last month I also had an issue with their shift cable bushings not being the right diameter to accept the OEM bolts, but that's a different story. On their website they say that they have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty", and I emailed them today and included some pictures as well. I just wanted this to be a heads up to any of you that may be using their RMM, not saying that they all are bad, but you may want to go out and check yours.

20161107_134711.jpg 20161107_135430.jpg 20161107_135756.jpg

·
Registered
816 Posts
Geeesh, that's in rough rough shape. Literally looks disintegrated. I go about checking my motor mount bushings every oil change because they take an absolute beating daily. Thanks for posting up about it and drawing some attention to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: xeroevil

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW!!
manufacturer defect, or total abuse?
Too late for a refund?
I'm not going to lie and say that I baby the car, but I don't beat the hell out of it either. Once in a while I'll go on a spirited drive, and it sees boost regularly, but for the most part I just commute to and from work which is just a few miles down the road. I'm thinking it's a manufacturer defect, because the stock mount that came off before the TS RMM went on is in perfect shape, and had just as may trips up The Devils Whip as the Torque Solution mount. Still waiting to hear back from them though, hopefully it'll be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
CP-e Stage 2 RMM......

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update - 11/23/16

Just wanted to update this. I've emailed Torque Solution several times since I originally posted this, and finally heard something back from them today. They are going to send out new poly bushings and a new metal collar, but I am having to cover shipping costs. I will update this once more when the new inserts arrive and I can get it installed again. Hopefully it'll hold up better this time around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update - 11/23/16

Just wanted to update this. I've emailed Torque Solution several times since I originally posted this, and finally heard something back from them today. They are going to send out new poly bushings and a new metal collar, but I am having to cover shipping costs. I will update this once more when the new inserts arrive and I can get it installed again. Hopefully it'll hold up better this time around.
Any update on this ? I'm debating buying this or the Cobb RMM and i am not sure

·
Registered
660 Posts
The Cobb rmm sucks. I have one if you want it $100. The CPE stage 2 is where it is at! Cobb has too much vibration. CP-e uses EPDM bushings. Urethane bushings begin to fail at around 200* and generally require a higher durometer in order for the bushing to hold together.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Cobb rmm sucks. I have one if you want it $100. The CPE stage 2 is where it is at! Cobb has too much vibration. CP-e uses EPDM bushings. Urethane bushings begin to fail at around 200* and generally require a higher durometer in order for the bushing to hold together.
Question what is your opinion on the JBR RMM ? And I appreciate the offer , I will definetly consider it

·
Registered
660 Posts
Question what is your opinion on the JBR RMM ? And I appreciate the offer , I will definetly consider it
I have a few JBR products and really like them. I have only had the stock rmm, Cobb rmm, and the CP-e stage 2 rmm. The stocker is junk, the Cobb did the job but was really harsh. The JBR does use a polyurethane bushing instead of the epdm bushing.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. So far the new inserts are holding up fine. Whichever route you go, you'll be happy with an upgraded RMM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts