Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
thread necro, but when i look down...i see 110, 120. traffic prevents me from more. 100 is so easy. i've never touched the top, but...i want to. my volvo did 125 uphill in 4th......i feel like 155 is a paper number.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Also you can apply more force to the steering wheel.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was travelling down an empty road in Mexico when out of nowhere a wild Mustang appeared. As he entered the highway, he pinned the throttle, so I tried to chase him down and hit right around 150. It was terrifyingly fun. But no mas. Can't do that here in the states. ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
125 once, by that point it is huffing and puffing pretty good. It's really a double digit kind of fun car.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
It's really a double digit kind of fun car.
Nah, up to 120 it's totally fine imo. 145 and beyond is where things get icky. And stomping the brakes at 160+ is downright scary because the rear gets light as hell.

·
Registered
288 Posts
153 on the AUTOBAHN.. it has more to give but i'm not trying to see lol it gets mad scary after 145 even with ideal conditions. The car handles great at that speed but self preservation kicks in at about 130 lol

·
Registered
743 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ST isn't governed. I believe its top speed is basically limited by our power, gear ratio, and basic aerodynamics.

Regardless, I've been at about 140-145 once or twice. The car is remarkably stable at those speeds, but I'm not looking to die so...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ST isn't governed. I believe its top speed is basically limited by our power, gear ratio, and basic aerodynamics.

Regardless, I've been at about 140-145 once or twice. The car is remarkably stable at those speeds, but I'm not looking to die so...
Yeah on any of these top speed threads, its the car that hits a wall at around 150-155. In stock form, just not enough top end to push through the wall of air resistance. Stock turbo doesnt have much push above 5000rpm and shift from 5th gear at 6k rpm, you are right around 5100rpm in 6th gear. Now someone with a big turbo who has above 400hp/tq and a powerband up top (and enough road) i would imagine they could get above 160

Theoretically, gearing would allow for 170s at normal redline, via @thirdgen89gta:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve hit 140 several times and 150 a few times. I am Torrie tuned and at 130 it’s amazing to me how much power is available. Even on the 150 runs it had more to give I was just running out of road. One things for sure this car is a riot!
D2C201E9-D60A-40C2-AD8B-75D1C67C00FE.jpeg

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
154. Would not go any faster. Governed???
You could ask a tuner if there is anything on their end about seeing a governor. Iirc, when the ST came out (and maybe when it was refreshed) the car mags listed it as drag limited and not governed. Either way, the ST being able to hit 154 or even 160 is besides the point. Other than being able to, it isnt really applicable, cant think of any race tracks with a long enough straight for us to legally get to enjoy the speeds. Then on normal roads or Autobahn, you have to deal with others on the road or less than ideal circumstances. Speaking of autobahn, want to say there are some members here who have tried as well as youtube videos. Lastly, who knows how accurate the speedo is at those speeds any ways, could be +/- several mph based on tire height and how the car was calibrated; would need a fancy on board to find out for sure :)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Stage 2 randy tuned. Depo fmic. Socal 10 freeway.
no limiters other than horsepower... 154 in this car is a lot... I did 144 and felt like it had more. I am lowered, aggressive stage 3 tune etc etc etc... If I had more room and less will to live I know it would have gone passed 150.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Yeah on any of these top speed threads, its the car that hits a wall at around 150-155. In stock form, just not enough top end to push through the wall of air resistance. Stock turbo doesnt have much push above 5000rpm and shift from 5th gear at 6k rpm, you are right around 5100rpm in 6th gear. Now someone with a big turbo who has above 400hp/tq and a powerband up top (and enough road) i would imagine they could get above 160

Theoretically, gearing would allow for 170s at normal redline, via @thirdgen89gta:

So at 7k in 6th we should be able to reach 190.21MPH!? if air and everything else are on our side? and of course a boat load of HP to keep the car going.

I would assume need a 3071R or bigger (600wHP?) and willing to push it, need to close off the front for best aero.

Who has a Focus ST record time for 1/2 mile run? I can't seem to find anything on it.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
So at 7k in 6th we should be able to reach 190.21MPH!? if air and everything else are on our side? and of course a boat load of HP to keep the car going.

I would assume need a 3071R or bigger (600wHP?) and willing to push it, need to close off the front for best aero.

Who has a Focus ST record time for 1/2 mile run? I can't seem to find anything on it.
lol pretty ridiculous if a fully built focus ST could hit those kind of speeds, right? I tried looking up results on some of the wannagofast type races in the past (RS 11/10 Dallas hit 125mph.) I did an 1800' roll race even this summer and was hitting 120's from a 40 roll, we lined up at 2300'. If i used the full 2300' aka .435mile, i think i could have got above 130. My ST was making around 360whp at the time (maxing out stock 93 fuel.) If i go back next year ill be above 400whp, be fun to see what i could do from the full 2300'

61 - 80 of 85 Posts