Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my car to 120 mph on the highway. I know the top speed is about 150, but would need a long stretch of road to get to that speed. What's the fastest you have gone?

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,564 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
130 was the fastest I've taken mine

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't do premeditated top speed runs, but it can happen if I am eliminating laggards in the fast lane or whatever. I think I've glanced down during one of those episodes and seen 110.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
It hits 100 pretty easily. I may take it out to the middle of Kansas one day and do a run but not really a top priority of mine as this thing even stock is amazing in the corners. So controllable.

·
Registered
198 Posts
140 on a long straight at night w/ no traffic just to see. No plans on getting up that high again unless I get free use of an air strip :)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I haven't really got on it in the ST yet. I think so far 80 is my tops on the interstate and a highway on-ramp.

In my previous cars though...
86 CRX - 115 twice, technically it's top speed was 105, so either the speedo was off or the hills helped out
93 MX3 - 110
06 tC - also 110

As I'm getting older, I really don't want to get a willful reckless driving ticket for driving an absurd speed lol. I'm sure I'll test out the ST at some point though :)

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
150+/- 2mph and still had more to go

siht daer nac uoy fi revo em lloR

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
140 a couple of times, want to run it out the limit next time

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Buried the needle :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hit 125 on I-90 in eastern wa. Ran out of room. Slow climb after 115 but felt it had alot left.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 85 Posts